Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving Root In A Microdrive
OESF Portables Forum > Everything Else > Archived Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > Sharp Zaurus > 6000 - Tosa
gab74
Good mornig,
i wander if is it possible to move all Zaurus root / to a microdrive or a compact flash so
all zaurus memory is free and i can use for some other.....
guylhem
QUOTE(gab74 @ Apr 8 2005, 07:05 AM)
Good mornig,
i wander if is it possible to move all Zaurus root / to a microdrive or a compact flash so
all zaurus memory is free and i can use for some other.....

it is. But I simply put /opt/ usually - so without the SD I can still boot, only in txt mode
gab74
Please guylhem can you tell me the right procedure for moving /opt/ to SD ?
Thanks !
eddiectc
my procedure is tar the opt first, then untar it in the sd, then rm the opt, and make a symlink there
or you can use cp -d to just copy the opt to the sd, then rm the opt, and make a symlink
after all, u need to reboot

cd /mnt/card/sdroot
tar -cvf root.tar /opt
tar -zvf root.tar
rm -rf /opt
ln -s /mnt/card/sdroot/opt /opt

QUOTE(gab74 @ Apr 8 2005, 06:52 PM)
Please guylhem can you tell me the right procedure for moving  /opt/ to SD ?
Thanks !
aeazocar
Hi,

I have been trying to move /opt to SD card; but when I follow eddiectc procedure, I get an error in the command "rm -rf /opt" - read only file system.

Any help will be appreciated.
Alejandro
inode0
QUOTE(aeazocar @ Sep 19 2005, 07:37 AM)
I have been trying to move /opt to SD card; but when I follow eddiectc procedure, I get an error in the command "rm -rf /opt" - read only file system.

Any help will be appreciated.

On a 6000 with the stock rom anyway /opt is ro, but I believe if you move /home/QtPalmtop somewhere else and make the symlink from there you achieve the same effect.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.