Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zaurus Sms
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
Marty
I have been using the smsgui and gnoki on my SL5500 (sharp 3.10 ROM) to send SMS messages via bluetooth and my motorola razr v3 phone. It works fine, but I was wondering if there was another app out there that was sightly more developed so I could pick a number from a drop down list to send.

The nearest I have seen to this is qscmxx which works with siemens phones. This allegedly comes with command line tool scmxx. However I hav'nt been able to find the scmxx.conf file in order to change the IR settings to bluetooth - (not even sure this will work with a motorola phone but am willing to give it a go) - anybody know how I can tweak qscmxx to get it to work with bluetooth?

Also does anyone know if there is a better app out there I could use? I've heard of gammu but cant see any specifc zaurus feeds?

I hate using my phone to send SMS, using the zaurus keypad to do this is so much better! I think email and SMS is best handled by a PDA , I'd love to be able to read and send SMS from the zaurus and administer my phone book.

Any suggestions ? Any other apps out there underdevelopment?
g333
On Windows XP you can send SMS through ICQ. So, you might be able to do the same using the ICQ program for Zaurus. I haven't tried this yet but it might work.
lardman
Gammu and kammu are in the OZ feed.

Kammu may also be available for the Sharp ROM (seems to be a cut down version of gammu - not a KDE GUI which one would expect).

Si
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.