I ALWAYS have problems like this with the Zaurus...drives me batty. I usually wind up doing the following in Advanced File Manager, but you can do it in any Explorer-type app for the Z:
1. Copy the original file to your cf or sd card where you can find it if necessary.
2. Rename the file you want to change in its original location on the Z to samba.conf.txt.
3. Edit the file and save it.
4. Delete the samba.conf file in its original location (be sure you have a backup copy of it somewhere first)
4. Rename the samba.conf.txt to samba.conf in the original location of the old samba.conf file.
I do all of this in a gui environment.
QUOTE(kenko @ Feb 28 2006, 04:41 AM)
I have the same problem. Can't edit the samba.conf. Even i'm su I can't wq on vi. I want to make the modification so that I can samba wirelessly. Is it on permission OR the samba.conf busy?