Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sharp Zaurus Heart Beat Monitor
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
seed
read about this program , they said be able to measure ur heart beat rate without any additional hardware( directly from the screen ???)
is that possible .... i am not an electronic guru but i dont thnk so
craigtyson
Depends how good your reactions are you touch the screen when you feel your pulse. You have to be carfull how you do it though as moving your hand interupts feeling the pulse
seed
QUOTE(craigtyson @ Apr 15 2005, 11:22 AM)
Depends how good your reactions are you touch the screen when you feel your pulse.  You have to be carfull how you do it though as moving your hand interupts feeling the pulse

so it work ??
craigtyson
I wouldnt bet my life on it.
seinfield
i know that it can be done with the irda hardware. I saw that on a Palm.
Kerensa
QUOTE(seinfield @ Apr 15 2005, 10:15 PM)
i know that it can be done with the irda hardware. I saw that on a Palm.

This application requires that you feel your pulse and press the screen with the stylus when you feel a beat. It does not use the screen to feel your pulse itself.
bustersnyvel
QUOTE(Kerensa @ Apr 16 2005, 08:13 AM)
This application requires that you feel your pulse and press the screen with the stylus when you feel a beat. It does not use the screen to feel your pulse itself.

So much for measuring your heartbeat. They're measuring screen taps!
g333
You can measure your heart beat without a Zaurus. Just count your pulse beat in 15 seconds and times it by 4.

I can make this for you in JavaScript if you really want it.
craigtyson
There are some Bleutooth heart rate monotirs available. http://www.alivetec.com/ do them also have a live webcast from the London marathon logging the output.... Could be a joggers dream. PDA Music. Heart rate, Ped, GPS................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.