Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bitbake Fails With No Bb Module
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Open Embedded
adf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/bitbake", line 23, in ?
import bb

maybe this is really obvious, but I have no idea why I am gertting this error or how to fix it.

I'm on debian sid. the system standard python is 2.3. I changed the bitbake, bb** etc 1st lines from "python" to "python2.4" as suggested by the wiki, after I had been "getting cannot open conf/bitbake.conf errors" (I have had to rebuild my OE).

apparently the thing wants "bb" whci refers to..what? bitbake? a bbfiles dir? a module for interpreting bbfiles?

help? pointers? link to the undiscovered-by-me wikitopia from whose bourne no user returns uninformed?
Stubear
THe only way I could get bb to work was to install it into /usr/bin rather then /usr/local/bin. Not sure why this was but python on my system (Gentoo) wasn't able to find the bb pyhton module if it was installed in /usr/local

Try reinstalling bitbake with /usr as a prefix instead of /usr/local

Stu
adf
thanks!
that is weird enough that it is probably eactly the solution smile.gif
will let you know tomorrow.
adf
switched to not-instsalled mode. seems to work
willpost
If you get an error about not being able to load the bb module you need to modify your PYTHONPATH variable.
To do this type
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/:$PYTHONPATH
(Replace 2.3 with your version number)

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded/GettingStarted
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.