Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kde-pim/pi 2.1.0 Available!
OESF Portables Forum > Everything Else > Archived Forums > Zaurus General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
RGRICH
I'm trying to sync KO/PI on a C3000 with KO/PI on installed on a Windows XP desktop. I'm using Ko/PI 2.2.0 but have been unable to get them to sync successfully. If I download the .ics file to the C3000 then I can load that calendar with no problems. I'm currently running Cacko 1.2.3 Beta on the C3000.
Here's what happens:

Select synchronize Desktop on the C3000. A window pops up on the desktop indicating a sync is in progress.
On the C3000 a window pops up first saying connecting to remote, then saying downloading sync file (with a progress bar)
After the file is downloaded a window is displayed to select sync preferences. Once I select "Newest entry" everything comes to an abrupt halt and in the KO/PI banner on the C3000 is a message "Syncing Failed"

I first thought this was due to space so I reinstalled with the /kdepim directories on /hdd3/zaurushome. I also increase the size of /tmp to 4m from 1m but still the same response. I do notice that a tempsynccal.ics file appears in /tmp but something is prevent successful sync. I've been unable to find any log or messages that would indicate the reason.

Anyone with a similar problem or a possible solution? From what I read it appears that many just copy the .ics file from one platform to the next. Is this because there are issues with getting these different systems to sync?

Thanks,
rgrich
Borealid
Since there seem to be a number of interested people, I've created an ipk of the latest kdepimpi. This is for PdaXrom only - it's built for RC11 but I'm if/how it'll work on earlier versions.
scheck.r
Since there seem to be a number of interested people, I've created an ipk of the latest kdepimpi. This is for PdaXrom only - it's built for RC11 but I'm if/how it'll work on earlier versions.

Many, many thanks
bazmi
QUOTE(Borealid @ Sep 26 2005, 12:06 AM)
Since there seem to be a number of interested people, I've created an ipk of the latest kdepimpi.  This is for PdaXrom only - it's built for RC11 but I'm if/how it'll work on earlier versions.

i installed this on 6000L running pdaXrom rc 11 with xfce. there certainly seems to be an improvement in getting kapi up but when i try to import contacts it tells me that "no resources are available" and i cant add any resources from 'settings-configure resources' menu.

when starting it from command line i get messages that the following libraries are not found:

libmicrokabc_qtopia.so
libmicrokabc_sharpdtm.so
libmicrokabc_file.so
libmicrokabc_dir.so

where do i get these from?

thanks a lot.

cheers

/bazmi.
bazmi
forgot to add that all these libraries are in /usr/lib.
Borealid
Oh, sorry, I seem to have forgotten to move the libraries from /usr/lib to /opt/kdepimpi. All you have to do is move them in there:

# mv /usr/lib/libmicrokabc_* /opt/kdepimpi/

That should fix it. Kapi appears to expect its libraries in a strange place. You could also:

# ln -s /usr/lib/libmicrokabc_* /opt/kdepimpi/

.. which is probably better.
bazmi
QUOTE(Borealid @ Sep 27 2005, 02:46 AM)
Oh, sorry, I seem to have forgotten to move the libraries from /usr/lib to /opt/kdepimpi.  All you have to do is move them in there:

# mv /usr/lib/libmicrokabc_* /opt/kdepimpi/

That should fix it.  Kapi appears to expect its libraries in a strange place.  You could also:

# ln -s /usr/lib/libmicrokabc_* /opt/kdepimpi/

.. which is probably better.

did this a quick try. linked all the files in /opt/kdepimpi but no luck. will try and re-install it later in the day and let you know if it works.

cheers

/bazmi.
Borealid
My mistake again, there are three libraries that don't contain an underscore, so the command should be:

# ln -s /usr/lib/libmicrokabc* /opt/kdepimpi/

I'll make a new ipkg with these links in place in a few days.
albertr
Did you run ldconfig after installing it?
-albertr
bazmi
QUOTE(Borealid @ Sep 27 2005, 04:03 PM)
My mistake again, there are three libraries that don't contain an underscore, so the command should be:

hello borealid,

thanks. had figured this out and it is now working fine. cheers.

/bazmi
bazmi
QUOTE(albertr @ Sep 27 2005, 06:36 PM)
Did you run ldconfig after installing it?
-albertr

no, didnt need to. seems to be working fine.
albertr
So it works for you?

I don't see libmicrokabc_sharpdtm.so lib included in the ipk...
-albertr
bazmi
QUOTE(albertr @ Sep 28 2005, 04:53 AM)
So it works for you?

I don't see libmicrokabc_sharpdtm.so lib included in the ipk...
-albertr

you are right - neither the qtopia nor the sharpdtm libraries are included (and i dont know why) but since i dont keep my data in any of these formats, it doesnt bother me.
magicbb
QUOTE(Borealid @ Sep 27 2005, 07:03 PM)

hi, i follow your command and it never complains missing library any more
but after the following line is shown, nothing happens

ResourceFile::openfile /home/root/kdepim/apps/kabc/std.vcf
Resource loaded: 'resource-name'

Do I need to do something to bring up the kapi window?
magicbb
it's weird, when i run it in xfce, it's ok
when in pdaxrom, it seems that the kapi window just don't show up
Borealid
Try pressing alt-tab. I have no idea why it does that on some machines...
dominate
you guys rock! worked like a charm... by the way, i also have the kapi no window issue that required an alt-tab (c1000).

ken
zautrix
QUOTE(magicbb @ Sep 28 2005, 03:06 AM)
it's weird, when i run it in xfce, it's ok
when in pdaxrom, it seems that the kapi window just don't show up

Yes, that is odd.
sash already informed me about that problem.
I will try to find out what is wrong when I have some time...
kgw
Has anyone got this working with the Henteges version of OZ? The packages seem to install but don't run properly here on my 5500.
boardboyd
I had it working when I was with Hentges ROM, 5500, had no problems but I don't remember the ROM number or anything else regarding on how it performed.

I'm using Cacko 1.22 right now and whenever I rotate the kdemicro libs aren't loaded, ldconfig doesn't do anything and I was wondering how I would manually load them so I could try that out. Whenever I rotate my screen kopi/kapi/ompi won't load complaining that libkdemicro couldn't be found, I have to reboot to get the libs loaded again.

Thanks
dakhan
Hi!

I'm using KDE-PIM-PI on my Windows/Ubuntu Linux desktop and notebook mainly because it's great cross-system sync possibilities.

Recently my Linux distribution (Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy Badger) went into KDE 3.4.3 and replaced kdelibs4 with kdelibs4c2, while libqt3c102 and libqt3c102-mt are unavailable (there is libqt3-mt). These changes ruined kde-pim-pi dependencies and I have to stick to older Ubuntu version in order to use it. sad.gif

Maybe some of you has some ideas whether and when kde-pim-pi dependencies will allow for new libraries? Or maybe there is a method (without great deal of code-tampering) to modify it myself? unsure.gif

Thank you for your time!

Andrzej Tomaszewski
ev1l
QUOTE(dakhan @ Oct 15 2005, 10:44 AM)
Maybe some of you has some ideas whether and when kde-pim-pi dependencies will allow for new libraries? Or maybe there is a method (without great deal of code-tampering) to modify it myself?  unsure.gif

Have you tried forcing the deps or are you building it locally?
dakhan
QUOTE(ev1l @ Oct 18 2005, 12:06 AM)
Have you tried forcing the deps or are you building it locally?

Errr....
In fact I'm rather newbie with Linux, so I just used prebuild SUSE package from sourceforge and alien it to .deb format.
I'm afraid I don't know how to "force the deps"...

--
Andrzej
dakhan
Hi All,

My problem is solved.
The dependencies were corrected in KDE-Pim-PI 2.2.4.

Sorry for impatience,
--
Andrzej
ev1l
QUOTE(dakhan @ Oct 20 2005, 08:26 AM)
Sorry for impatience,

Nah man, it's not your fault the deps were busted. Rather have you send in a report than 2 newbies quitting on it because it doesn't work, and not saying anything. We can only fix the stuff we know about.
zautrix
I have changed to telephone number editing and management in KA/Pi.
That is need for the Outlook sync, which will be available soon.

Please test that new feature and give some feed back!

In particular:
Is in the SharpDTM sync the mapping of the phone numbers still working?
Please test!

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=112604

Release notes of version 2.2.6 - testing:

********** VERSION 2.2.6 ************

KO/Pi:
Made navigation in datepicker more userfriendly when using keyboard for scrolling.
KO/Pi Alarm applet:
Made font size for the two popup menus with larger font configurable:
Change size with menu:
Play Beeps->Font Size
Save settings such that it will be restored after next reboot with menu:
Play Beeps->Config->Save.
KA/Pi:
Big change! Needed for the upcoming Outlook sync:
(Outlook sync available appr. end of 2005)
Telephone number types are now fixed in KA/Pi
(but still compatible with the vCard standard, of cource)
and they are compatible with the types used by the evil empire.
That makes syncing with OL possible and make it possible to sync better with mobile devices.
NOTE:
All your telephone types will be converted automatically at loading/importing!
Such that it may be a good idea to make a backup of the data before starting KA/Pi.
But the editing of phone numbers and types has changed completely such that it is now much faster to edit/change types and numbers.
HINT:
To see whether there was some number for some contact not converted senseful, choose
Menu: View->Modify view
and add "Other Phone" ( in German "Sonst. Telefon") to the view.
If a type was not converted senseful to some of the 18 new, fixed types, it will get the "Other" type.
boardboyd
Haven't tested new version, but have been running 2.2.4 on my 5500 using Cacko 1.22 ROM and rotate found on the Cacko feed.
My problem is whenever I rotate into landscape the kdelibs don't load and I can't run kopi/kapi/ompi/pwmpi. Is there a way to manually load the libs so that it will work?

Oh error from terminal to load kopi is:
kopi: error while loading shared libaries: libmicrokdepim.so.2: cannot load shared object file:no such file or directory

Thanks
clofland
I have switched to pdaXrom, and I have noticed that we don't get regulary releases for pdaXrom.

Or am I just not looking in the right place?

Would it be possible to do that? Or should one of us take on the task and compile each new version for pdaXrom?

I wouldn't mind doing it, but I don't really know where to start. I do have a Linux box that I can use to cross-compile, but unless the code just compiles without ANY help, I'll be lost. smile.gif I've compiled some command line utils for the Z, but all of the GUI programs I tried to compile gave me too much grief for me to get anywhere.

If you think it is easy, let me know, and I'll pull down the source and give it a stab. I just don't want to waste the time if someone else is or has been doing it, or if it would be trivial for someone else to do it.

Thanks. I love this program!
rebski
I have just installed v2.2.7 on to my C1000/Cacko 1.23ROM.

KorganizerAlarm seems to obliterate the Cacko applets – volume, battery, memory, etc.

It would be nice if they could coexist.

As it is I have to make a choice as which I prefer.
Ragnorok
- rebski: did you reboot? Does the same to me each time I install KO/API, which I've done a lot during ROM testing. (wink) That should bring them all back.
- Additionally, if you use the "applet manager" built-in to Cacko, it will crash Qtopia, but that will restart itself. Not a terrible tragedy, but disconcerting the first few times it happens, until one just stops using the applet. (snicker)
- Hope this helps...
rebski
I have installed again and this time restarted qtopia immediately after.

Did the trick, both applets coexist. Also I am now forwarned about possible crashes.

Thanks for the tip.
ev1l
QUOTE(clofland @ Nov 4 2005, 08:49 AM)
I have switched to pdaXrom, and I have noticed that we don't get regulary releases for pdaXrom.

Windows and PDAX versions are not released because Z test on Linux and I do on Cacko, which takes standard Sharp rom binaries.
If I want a particular version for Windows I usually just ask with positive results. Z is in the US right now, so you might get answers as quickly as usual.
But yes, I'd be a good thing to see all version compiled for all targets as a rule.
Papadon
Hello,

I have a quick question....

This has been baffling me for the past couple of weeks now and I've searched everywhere I think, but cannot find the answer!

I have a Sharp Zaurus CL-3100 and I have installed EVERY version of KO/PI on it to test with.

The problem I have is the following:

With, or without the alarm applet installed...if I create an appointment/to do with an alarm set and then go to check the entry, it's flagged with the alarm correctly. EX. "30 Minutes Before". However, if I exit the program (with saving first), and go back into KO/PI, and check the entry the alarm says "!30(Disabled) Minutes Before". The alarms will not work at this point. I've tested everything! If I create the apts. in KO/PI on the Zaurus without exiting, it's OK. But if I sync from my Windows machine, which I usually do because of convenience, it comes across with the "(disabled)" stuff. This is happening in EVERY VERSION, with/without the alarm applet installed. Has anyone seen this and does anyone know the solution?

Thanks,

Mike cool.gif
clofland
QUOTE(ev1l @ Nov 6 2005, 07:28 AM)
QUOTE(clofland @ Nov 4 2005, 08:49 AM)

Windows and PDAX versions are not released because Z test on Linux and I do on Cacko, which takes standard Sharp rom binaries.
If I want a particular version for Windows I usually just ask with positive results. Z is in the US right now, so you might get answers as quickly as usual.
But yes, I'd be a good thing to see all version compiled for all targets as a rule.

Even just a pdaXrom release at each "stable" version would be enough I think.

Thanks.
chal
Will KOPI work on Hybrid? If so, what deps are needed?
ev1l
QUOTE(chal @ Nov 9 2005, 10:30 AM)

I don't know, and no deps. kopiemail needs Openssl, but that's it.
maystorm
Sorry in advance for my newbie question...

I bought my CL3000 from Trisoft and it got Version 2.0.14 pre-installed. What would be the correct procedure for updating to the latest version? Would I just need to install the new *.ipk via the package manager ("Add/Remove software") and it'll replace all the old files with the the ones? Do I need to make a backup of my data files first?

Anything else I must observe? Additional dependicies?

Sorry, but I'm relatively new to the Zaurus world and how software is installed (and especially updated!) here...
gdog
maystorm,

Generally speaking you should always back up before you install new software, on virtually any system.

I just installed the 2.2.5 version of KO/Pi and KA/Pi yesterday (upgrading from 2.0.14 just like you). Those are the only major components I use, but first you must uninstall the old versions, including the libs and the alarm applet, and then install the new versions, starting with the libs followed by the organizer and address book and the alram applet. Your actual data is saved to a different location, so when you start the new versions your data will already be there for you.

Oh, fwiw I did this on my C1000.

Good luck!

gdog
bluedevils
yes backing up is always good.

download the latest zip file of kde pim pi. When you unzip, you will see all the needed packages. This will also tell you which packages need to be uninstalled first.

When you install kopi alarm, it might screw up the task bar a bit (missing applets). Just restart qtopia and it should all come back proper.
maystorm
@bluedevils
@gdog

Thanx for the quick replies! So, uninstall then re-install is the right order for upgrading a package? Would this be a general guideline for Zaurus software?

I'll try the latest version soon - and yes, I won't forget to do a backup of my data files first as this should be done on a regular basis anyway... wink.gif
raybert
QUOTE(maystorm @ Nov 21 2005, 11:14 AM)
So, uninstall then re-install is the right order for upgrading a package? Would this be a general guideline for Zaurus software?

Yes, it is.

BTW, I wrote a script a while back to simplify the update process. You can find it attached to this post. It will automatically handle uninstalling and reinstalling only the kdepim apps that you had installed. Use at your own risk but let me know if you have any problems.

~ray
maystorm
@raybert

Thanx!
gdog
I upgraded to 2.2.5 because I thought I had read somewhere that it fixed the annoying problem of the details view not staying set. But I've found that this is still a problem for me. Is it just me? Is there a way to keep the view split between names and details after I've suspended and then turned my C1K back on?

Thanks,

gdog

Eureka I think I've found it! If I turn on my C1K with the On/Off button the KDE Address app stays in Details view. But if I use the Address Hotkey to turn the unit on the view switches from Details to Names-only view after a second or two. I can live with that ;o)
bam
small issue here, tried to use my own wav file for the alarm, and it refuses to play it? ANy ideas? using v2.2.5
zautrix
QUOTE(bam @ Nov 24 2005, 04:12 AM)
small issue here, tried to use my own wav file for the alarm, and it refuses to play it? ANy ideas? using v2.2.5

From the KO/Pi FAQ:

Q:
I want to get another alarm sound than the default. What I have to change?
A:
The default alarm sound is a wav file:
It is (QPEDIR)/pics/korganizer/koalarm.wav.
(Usually QPEDIR=/home/QtPalmtop).
(On the desktop, the path is:
(installdir)/kdepim/korganizer/koalarm.wav)
Just replace this file by another one und do a
'simulate alarm' to ckeck, if it works.
('Simulate alarm' not available on the desktop,
because it is in the alarm applet)
Wav files can have different sampling data.
(e.g. 16/8bit, stereo/mono, 22kHz/11kHz/...)
Note: It seems to be that there are problems with particular
combination of these settings.
If one file is not replayed properly,
just try another file/ another sampling data.

z.
chal
QUOTE(ev1l @ Nov 19 2005, 10:49 AM)
QUOTE(chal @ Nov 9 2005, 10:30 AM)

I don't know, and no deps. kopiemail needs Openssl, but that's it.

Thanks, I tried it and couldn't get it to work. Went back to tKc with Cacko kernel, where it works just fine.
gdog
I inadvertently (aka stupidly), deleted my kabc directory from my CF card.

Then when trying to import both the xml and csv exports I had previously created as backups, the process would recreate my categories, but even with No Filters selected I could not actually see any of my 300+ contacts. So I found an old copy of the std.vcf file and put it into place in the kabc/apps/kabc directory. This gave me a starting point, but in further attempts to import the backups it seemed to bring in all but a few entries, most of which were in one category.

I believe that I've learned the std.vcf file is the "right" way to save a backup copy (so long as you're not intending to import the data into a different PIM). But does anyone have any idea why the xml and/or csv file would not import properly?

One further thing to note is that I had recently upgraded from 2.0.14 to 2.2.5, and the backups were created with the earlier version. Was there a change to the internal structure of the core app that would make the later version unable to read some of the data in the backup files that were created with an earlier version?

Strangely the import of the ics file for Organizer worked just fine...

Thanks in advance,

gdog
ev1l
QUOTE(Papadon @ Nov 6 2005, 06:54 AM)
With, or without the alarm applet installed...if I create an appointment/to do with an alarm set and then go to check the entry, it's flagged with the alarm correctly. EX. "30 Minutes Before". However, if I exit the program (with saving first), and go back into KO/PI, and check the entry the alarm says "!30(Disabled) Minutes Before". The alarms will not work at this point. I've tested everything! If I create the apts. in KO/PI on the Zaurus without exiting, it's OK. But if I sync from my Windows machine, which I usually do because of convenience, it comes across with the "(disabled)" stuff. This is happening in EVERY VERSION, with/without the alarm applet installed. Has anyone seen this and does anyone know the solution?

The big problem is that we don't have a 3100 to test on. I honestly have no idea what could be the problem. What do you use on your wintel machine? Kdepim as well?

QUOTE(maystorm @ Nov 21 2005, 07:14 AM)
Sorry in advance for my newbie question...

I bought my CL3000 from Trisoft and it got Version 2.0.14 pre-installed. What would be the correct procedure for updating to the latest version? Would I just need to install the new *.ipk via the package manager ("Add/Remove software") and it'll replace all the old files with the the ones? Do I need to make a backup of my data files first?

Always make a backup (preferably to a card or over the network).
Always uninstall the previous version using your package manager.

QUOTE(maystorm)
Anything else I must observe? Additional dependicies?
Sorry, but I'm relatively new to the Zaurus world and how software is installed (and especially updated!) here...

No.
Don't be sorry, keep learning smile.gif

QUOTE(gdog @ Nov 25 2005, 11:46 AM)
I inadvertently (aka stupidly), deleted my kabc directory from my CF card.

I'd run kdepim from the flash and backup automatically to your card (that's what the auto backup function is for). Configure it in the global options.

QUOTE(gdog)
Then when trying to import both the xml and csv exports I had previously created as backups, the process would recreate my categories, but even with No Filters selected I could not actually see any of my 300+ contacts.

That sucks.

QUOTE(gdog)
So I found an old copy of the std.vcf file and put it into place in the kabc/apps/kabc directory. This gave me a starting point, but in further attempts to import the backups it seemed to bring in all but a few entries, most of which were in one category.

That's weird. I've never used the xml/csv exports, so I don't know what's wrong.

QUOTE(gdog)
I believe that I've learned the std.vcf file is the "right" way to save a backup copy (so long as you're not intending to import the data into a different PIM). But does anyone have any idea why the xml and/or csv file would not import properly?

The correct way is to export all as a vcard manually, or use the automatic backups.

QUOTE(gdog)
One further thing to note is that I had recently upgraded from 2.0.14 to 2.2.5, and the backups were created with the earlier version. Was there a change to the internal structure of the core app that would make the later version unable to read some of the data in the backup files that were created with an earlier version?
gdog

The change in data structure happened in 2.2.6, so no.
Also, stop signing your posts. I can read your name above your avatar smile.gif

I'll be here all night wink.gif
But seriously, if others have questions, just shoot.
loc4me
Just wondered if any major changes were/are planned for the next release. It has been almost a month since the last release and they normally come faster than that? Or it could be that people are busy with there real jobs. biggrin.gif Thanks
gdog
Hmmm. I do have the pim apps running from flash, but I also have them configured to save to my CF card. And unless I'm mistaken, the automatic backups are saving the data to the std.vcf file. Where that file is should not be an issue, or so I would assume. But then, what I know about these Apps and what I assume may just be at opposite ends of reality.

If there's any comfort in all of this it's that so long as all the fields are included when exporting to an xml file, I could pluck them out with Perl at some later date, if in fact whatever new PIM Suite I mirgrate to would not accept them any other way. Although it would be hard to manually reenter the number of contacts I have, it would be even harder to do it from memory (mine that is, not the IC type).

Sorry, didn't know it was a breach of web etiquette to sign a post. Just shows my age I suppose. When I compose a Business letter, my name is at the top and the bottom... unsure.gif

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.