Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kde-pim/pi 2.1.0 Available!
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
zautrix
Moin!

You can download KDE-Pim/Pi 2.1.0 here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=112604

Enjoy!

z.

********** VERSION 2.1.0 ************

Stable release 2.1.0!

Summary of changes/fixes compared to version 2.0.6:

Many bugs of version 2.0.6 fixed.
Most of them were small bugs, but some of them were important.
It is recommended to use version 2.1.0 and not version 2.0.6.

Important changes:

Added recurring todos to KO/Pi.

Added global application font settings (for all KDE-Pim/Pi apps) to the general settings.

Made Passwordmanager PwM/Pi more userfriendly: Rearranged some toolbar icons, optimized setting of focus, fixed layout problems and more.

Datenavigator can now display many months. Very useful on the desktop.

KO/Pi alarm applet changed: Made buttons in alarm dialog much bigger and other usebility enhancements.

Made alarm sound working on Linux desktop.

Made KO/Pi and KA/Pi running from a memory stick. Please read storage HowTo for details.

Added timetracking feature in KO/Pi todo view. Please read timetraker HowTo for details.

Many other usebility enhancements.
Special thanks to Ben for his suggestions!
Chaos
I'll be sure to add this to my ROM this weekend.

A quick question... Other than the version numbers on the libraries, have any other files been added or renamed? (Such as the graphics?)

If I know, it means I won't have to re-link everything - just the things I know have been changed...
zautrix
QUOTE(Chaos @ Apr 18 2005, 06:18 PM)
I'll be sure to add this to my ROM this weekend.

A quick question... Other than the version numbers on the libraries, have any other files been added or renamed? (Such as the graphics?)

If I know, it means I won't have to re-link everything - just the things I know have been changed...

I added/removed no directories, but I added some icons to the icon directories, e.g. kdepim/kaddressbook/icons22/ic_*.png

z.
Chaos
Thanks. That helps a fair bit.
cybersphinx
Hi!

First, I really like KO/PI, it does more than I need smile.gif. I'm currently using the version that was in the Cacko feed a few days ago (2.0.26), and I haven't seen a notice in the Changelog since then about the following: In the 'What's next'-view, ToDos are ordered according to the date they are created, and not the date they are due (what I think makes more sense). But anyway, thanks for your work!
zautrix
Aargh!
I need new glasses or a new brain:
When testing 2.1.0 I did not notice the obvious edit dialog size problem in KO/Pi with 2.1.0.

I fixed it in 2.1.1.
kahm
In v2.1.1, when you change the location of the datafiles (Very important on a 3000, where /home is mounted in a 5mb flash partition), creating the new directory seems to fail silently if something went wrong. I originally set it to /hdd2/kdepim but the directory is owned by root, no directory is created and no error message is given.

It might also be a good idea to detect when you're installing on a 3000 and offer a differnet default installation directory (perhaps /hdd2/Applications) or a dialog indicating that it would be a good idea to change the installation directory.

Failing that, it is a trivial modification of the IPK (through the preinst script) to detect the 3000 and set up a symlink for /home/zaurus/kdepim to somewhere on the HD.
kahm
Additionally, (and this is a minor nitpick), the time pickers on the new event dialog don't respond to changes in the application font very well. I set the application font to be Helvetica, 12pt, regular, and the times don't show completely in the box. (The first digit is cut off.) I reset to Helvetica, 14pt, bold, and they fit fine.
ashikase
Does this version (2.1.1) include an option to hide sync events in all views? I looked, but couldn't find one.

My default view (month view) is littered with sync events. (T_T)

- ashikase
- anpachi, gifu, japan
caunt
A chorus of thanks Zautrix!

I can't find the forum any longer though, so I guess I'll make a couple of requests here (or they may be questions in that it's already taken care of, but I don't know about it)

- is there/can there be a way to assign a category to all entries when importing a ics file? (I'm doing this by hand currently - and it's a pain + definitely something a computer does better)

- I ask the above because there are times I would like to be able to mass remove a selected set of entries. (like an ics import I decided I didn't like). Is there/ can there be a way to delete selected items? Find comes up with such a nice list, but I have to go through them one-by-one!
zautrix
QUOTE(caunt @ Apr 19 2005, 04:19 PM)
A chorus of thanks Zautrix!

I can't find the forum any longer though, so I guess I'll make a couple of requests here (or they may be questions in that it's already taken care of, but I don't know about it)

- is there/can there be a way to assign a category to all entries when importing a ics file?    (I'm doing this by hand currently - and it's a pain + definitely something a computer does better)

- I ask the above because there are times I would like to be able to mass remove a selected set of entries.  (like an ics import I decided I didn't like).  Is there/ can there be a way to delete selected items?  Find comes up with such a nice list, but I have to go through them one-by-one!

To assign a category to all entries when importing a ics file would be quite useful, yes.
But currently this is not supported.

You can assign/add categories to all selected items in the find dialog.
Or delete all selected items in the find dialog.

Just use the context menu of that dialog ( tap pen and hold ).

z.
zautrix
QUOTE(ashikase @ Apr 19 2005, 04:12 PM)
Does this version (2.1.1) include an option to hide sync events in all views? I looked, but couldn't find one.

My default view (month view) is littered with sync events. (T_T)

- ashikase
- anpachi, gifu, japan

No, there is none.

I will add it to the next version.

z.
kahm
I had a graphical error where the seperator (I think between the calendar itself and the all day events) got stuck. I couldn't move it, when I tapped on it the program focused and unfocused (The title bar turned blue, then gray), and when I left Ko/Pi to go to Qtopia the gray "Seperator has focus" bar remained across all the tab windows. I had to un-fast load Ko/pi to get rid of it.

I haven't been able to replicate it yet.
jesizmi
great work so far,
just why did you decide to map the HW menu key to filter options (in Kopi)? blink.gif
I like the functionality of tracking times, spent on todos. Still, it would add ease of use, if starting one todo would stop all others, since you usually can work only on one task at a time.

Greetz,
j.
Howitzer
First time KDE/PIM user here, so I have no experience with the tool.

I grabbed the SharpROM package for my 5500 and installed every IPK. However, Kopiemail complains that it needs "additional packages". I looked in the release notes and didn't see anything indicating I needed anything other than the items in the zip file. KA, KO, and KPWM all work, but the OM does not.

Pointers to where I can get the missing piece?
tovarish
you are missing openssl
zautrix
QUOTE(Howitzer @ Apr 19 2005, 06:17 PM)
First time KDE/PIM user here, so I have no experience with the tool. 

I grabbed the SharpROM package for my 5500 and installed every IPK.  However, Kopiemail complains that it needs "additional packages".  I looked in the release notes and didn't see anything indicating I needed anything other than the items in the zip file.  KA, KO, and KPWM all work, but the OM does not. 

Pointers to where I can get the missing piece?

Tovarish is right, you are missing openssl.

Sorry, that is missing in the release notes.

I updated the release notes.

I am using this one:

http://killefiz.de/zaurus/showdetail.php?app=467

z.
ev1l
Oh hey biggrin.gif
Howard Roark
I am new to the Zaurus. Does this version run on the C3000?
caunt
Another Thanks Zautrix!

>You can assign/add categories to all selected items in the find dialog.
?Or delete all selected items in the find dialog.

>Just use the context menu of that dialog ( tap pen and hold ).

I didn't know that smile.gif
bluedevils
Yes, it should run on all linux zaurii and there are versions for linux and windows desktops too.
aww_berlin
QUOTE(kahm @ Apr 19 2005, 08:42 AM)
I had a graphical error where the seperator (I think between the calendar itself and the all day events) got stuck.  I couldn't move it, when I tapped on it the program focused and unfocused (The title bar turned blue, then gray), and when I left Ko/Pi to go to Qtopia the gray "Seperator has focus" bar remained across all the tab windows. I had to un-fast load Ko/pi to get rid of it.

I experienced the same behavior. The gray bar appeared, when I tried to move the sep erator and remained on the screen even after closing KO/PI.
I'm sure, Zautrix will find the answer :-)

Andreas
aww_berlin
QUOTE(zautrix @ Apr 19 2005, 07:49 AM)

z.

In KA/Pi there is a nice and easy way to ged rid of all entries with one strike:
Menu "Edit" > "select all" > Delete , and the thing is done.

Maybe it would be nice to have a similar function in KO/PI? Thinking about a dialog with Checkboxes (delete all todos, delete all singular appointments, delete all recurring appointments) and a time spinner (delete all appointments that are older than xy weeks) .
What do you think about it?

Andreas
zautrix
QUOTE(aww_berlin @ Apr 20 2005, 08:07 PM)
I had a graphical error where the seperator (I think between the calendar itself and the all day events) got stuck.  I couldn't move it, when I tapped on it the program focused and unfocused (The title bar turned blue, then gray), and when I left Ko/Pi to go to Qtopia the gray "Seperator has focus" bar remained across all the tab windows. I had to un-fast load Ko/pi to get rid of it.

I experienced the same behavior. The gray bar appeared, when I tried to move the sep erator and remained on the screen even after closing KO/PI.

Andreas

Strange!

What Zaurus/Rom are you using?

z.
zautrix
QUOTE(aww_berlin @ Apr 20 2005, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE(zautrix @ Apr 19 2005, 07:49 AM)

z.

In KA/Pi there is a nice and easy way to ged rid of all entries with one strike:
Menu "Edit" > "select all" > Delete , and the thing is done.

Maybe it would be nice to have a similar function in KO/PI? Thinking about a dialog with Checkboxes (delete all todos, delete all singular appointments, delete all recurring appointments) and a time spinner (delete all appointments that are older than xy weeks) .
What do you think about it?

Andreas

Search dialog:
1) Search
2) Select all (context menu)
3) Delete all selected

z.
MB Zaurus
Thanks for all your work on this.

A couple of quick notes:

On my machine (SL-5000, OE 2.5.3), the bottom of the screen in the "configure" section is cut off in all the apps--I can see the top few pixels of a check box and some text, but not enough to tell what the option is. The configure screens (and the kopiapplet menu) don't seem to respect the system font choices--or at least making the system font smaller--down to 8pt--doesn't bring the text at the bottom of the config screens high enough to see.

In kapi, the search function doesn't search within notes, as it does on the desktop version.
zautrix
QUOTE(MB Zaurus @ Apr 21 2005, 07:38 AM)
Thanks for all your work on this.

A couple of quick notes:

On my machine (SL-5000, OE 2.5.3), the bottom of the screen in the "configure" section is cut off in all the apps--I can see the top few pixels of a check box and some text, but not enough to tell what the option is. The configure screens (and the kopiapplet menu) don't seem to respect the system font choices--or at least making the system font smaller--down to 8pt--doesn't bring the text at the bottom of the config screens high enough to see.

In kapi, the search function doesn't search within notes, as it does on the desktop version.

What is the "configure" section?
In what application?
What version?
kahm
QUOTE(zautrix @ Apr 20 2005, 07:25 PM)

Andreas

Strange!

z.

I was using the 3000 with Cacko3k-alpha1.
aww_berlin
QUOTE(zautrix @ Apr 20 2005, 11:25 AM)

Andreas

Strange!

z.

SL-C1000 with Sharp-ROM

Andreas
mimeca
Hi

I have installed Ko/PI 2.1. The kopi runs, but there isn't icons. I get this message:

loading conf file /etc/ipkg.conf
loading conf file /etc/ipkg/arch.conf
Installing kapi (2.1.1-r0) to sd...
Configuring kapi
Linking packages installed in: sd
Error linkling '/media/card/packages/opt/QtPalmtop/pics/kdepim/korganizer/fileexport.png' to '/opt/QtPalmtop/pics/kdepim/korganizer/fileexport.png'....

Some sugestion ?

(Edited)
Kkopi version from pi-sync works. All the icon appear.. It looks it's a Openzaurus feed problem
jesizmi
Hi,
in Kopi 2.11, the menu key is still mapped to filter options. Is this intentionally?

Greetz,
j.
zautrix
QUOTE(jesizmi @ Apr 21 2005, 10:17 PM)
Hi,
in Kopi 2.11, the menu key is still mapped to filter options. Is this intentionally?

No, I will try to change this.

z.
shreks
QUOTE(zautrix @ Apr 18 2005, 04:33 PM)
Moin!

You can download KDE-Pim/Pi 2.1.0 here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=112604

Enjoy!

z.

Zautrix, it's great to see a new stable version is released!

I downloaded and installed kdepim 2.1.1 on my C3000 (ShaprROM), everything was fine until I tried to type in chinese or japanese characters into the address book, the problem is that: the typed alphabetic letters are supposed to be caught by the input bar at the bottom of screen, but actually all typed letters entered the active field of address book directly as if there was no Asian input method. The result of this problem is that I cannot use any Asian characters in address book! But this problem does NOT exist in the Email program and the Organizer program. I CAN use Asian characters in both programs without any problems.

So the conclusion is that this problem must reflect a BUG in the AddressBook program. I remember I can type in Asian characters in the AddressBook of earlier version of KDEPIM.

Please fix this bug and then I can start using KDEPIM from now on. Thanks a lot!
ashikase
QUOTE(shreks @ Apr 22 2005, 09:26 AM)
the typed alphabetic letters are supposed to be caught by the input bar at the bottom of screen, but actually all typed letters entered the active field of address book directly as if there was no Asian input method. The result of this problem is that I cannot use any Asian characters in address book!

What input method are you using? Sharp's built-in Japanese input method works fine with kapi 2.1.1, for me at least.

- ashikase
- anpachi, gifu, japan
shreks
QUOTE(ashikase @ Apr 22 2005, 01:11 AM)
QUOTE(shreks @ Apr 22 2005, 09:26 AM)
the typed alphabetic letters are supposed to be caught by the input bar at the bottom of screen, but actually all typed letters entered the active field of address book directly as if there was no Asian input method. The result of this problem is that I cannot use any Asian characters in address book!

What input method are you using? Sharp's built-in Japanese input method works fine with kapi 2.1.1, for me at least.

- ashikase
- anpachi, gifu, japan

I am using murphytalk.pinyin Chinese input method. And I am using TRIsoft's backup image (http://www.trisoft.de/download/C3000-2005-03-18-12-30.zip). The point is that the same input method works fine for the kopi and ompi, but not for kapi, so I think it's the problem of kapi, not the input method, right?
zautrix
OK, I hope I have all problems solved.
(But not the strange KA/Pi Chinese input problem from shreks).

Please try again - and test the new backup feature!:

********** VERSION 2.1.2 ************

Fixed a problem closing the alarm dialog on Zaurus with "OK" button.

Fixed a problem when importing data from Outlook with mutiple categories set.

Changed display of days in datenavigator:
Birthdays are now blue, not dark green.
When todo view is shown, no birtdays are shown and days with due todos are shown blue.
When journal view is shown, only holidays are shown and days with journals are blue.

Added Backup options to global config:
You can create now x-daily backups for KO/Pi, KA/Pi (for file resources only, file resource is the standard type) and PwM/Pi ( all files you will open ).
It is recommended to use another HDD/Memory card for the backup directory. If (very useful on the Zaurus) the specified backup directory does not exist you are asked if you want to try again to create a backup. That makes it possible to insert your memory card in the Zaurus and then trying again.
The backup is created when the application wants to save for the first time on a backup-day. You can specify the amount of backups and the day interval of backups.
shreks
Zautrix, you are sooo fast! Good guy!

I just remember that my locale.conf is still set to English, let me go home and try other language options to see if the problem can be fixed. I also don't know why the input method works for other component programs of kdepim than the Address Book, it's really really weird!

I will report back to you anything I find.

QUOTE(zautrix @ Apr 22 2005, 10:02 PM)

Fixed a problem closing the alarm dialog on Zaurus with "OK" button.

Fixed a problem when importing data from Outlook with mutiple categories set.

Changed display of days in datenavigator:
Birthdays are now blue, not dark green.
When todo view is shown, no birtdays are shown and days with due todos are shown blue.
When journal view is shown, only holidays are shown and days with journals are blue.

Added Backup options to global config:
You can create now x-daily backups for KO/Pi, KA/Pi (for file resources only, file resource is the standard type) and PwM/Pi ( all files you will open ).
It is recommended to use another HDD/Memory card for the backup directory. If (very useful on the Zaurus) the specified backup directory does not exist you are asked if you want to try again to create a backup. That makes it possible to insert your memory card in the Zaurus and then trying again.
The backup is created when the application wants to save for the first time on a backup-day. You can specify the amount of backups and the day interval of backups.
zautrix
I thought it is time to tell the world about about KDE-PIM/Pi.

It seems to wotk quite well...

Our initial article on dot.kde.org:

http://dot.kde.org/1114105085/

A German news site:

http://www.golem.de/0504/37658.html

And the linuxdevices:

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS7388170102.html

z.
dreadlocks
you should create a project page on ELSI, http://www.elsix.org
zautrix
QUOTE(dreadlocks @ Apr 23 2005, 01:20 AM)
you should create a project page on ELSI, http://www.elsix.org

Already there :

http://www.elsix.org/index.php?w=project&p=kopi
Flandry
Wow, you're a speedy guy. Are you just locked in a box with nothing but a terminal or something?

Is the Undo menu option supposed to do something? It keeps telling me "nothing to undelete" or something like that.

Being the doofus that i am, i find myself more frequently than i like to admit changing the range of a recurring event so that it disappears into the void. How can i get such an even back without undo?
nequiem
I want to thank Lutz for the work on Kopi. It has almost completely supplanted my dependence on Outlook as a memory enhancement tool. smile.gif

I have one question on 2.1.2. The kopie-alarm menu item "What's Todo???" has been commented out in simplealarmdaemonimpl.cpp and I was wondering if it would be back? I just found it very easy and convenient to have the todo call in the menu. I added a script & .desktop file on the Zaurus to run "kopi -showTodo" but it doesn't fastload. I would go back to an older version but I like the new alarm dialog in 2.1.2. I suppose it was taken out because of the larger font size? Just wondering. Thanks!

-neq
zautrix
QUOTE(nequiem @ Apr 24 2005, 10:20 PM)
I want to thank Lutz for the work on Kopi. It has almost completely supplanted my dependence on Outlook as a memory enhancement tool. smile.gif

I have one question on 2.1.2.  The kopie-alarm menu item "What's Todo???" has been  commented out in simplealarmdaemonimpl.cpp and I was wondering if it would be back? I just found it very easy and convenient to have the todo call in the menu. I added a script & .desktop file on the Zaurus to run "kopi -showTodo" but it doesn't fastload. I would go back to an older version but I like the new alarm dialog in 2.1.2. I suppose it was taken out because of the larger font size?

You are right!

But I will enable it again and move the "simulate" main menu entry to the "play beeps" submenu.

z.
nequiem
Thank you, sir! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(zautrix @ Apr 24 2005, 03:40 PM)
You are right!

But I will enable it again and move the "simulate"  main menu entry to the "play beeps" submenu.

z.
jesizmi
Hi,
i'm allmost, but not quite, totally contented with the latest version.
I'll have to dig deeper to find anything left to complain about. wink.gif
Great work!

j.
tone
hi,

i'm proud & recent owner of a c3000.

i have imported my address db - a not so huge 500kb vcf file. i am using KA/Pi for an addressbook.

i have found KA/pi to be cripplingly slow - not only to load, but also to search. A few mins loading, and maybe 15 seconds for a name search.

does anyone share this problem? has anyone solved it?

I think I have set the internal format to binary; i have no extensions listed.

Thanks,

Tony
shreks
QUOTE(zautrix @ Apr 22 2005, 10:02 PM)

I found a BUG in the address book:

When I used the address book to import a CSV file, I was asked to match up each colum of CSV file to corresponding field supported by kapi. This is done through choosing a pull-down menu at each column. But I found out that one field is missing: CATEGORY, to store the categroy that a contact belongs to, such as Family, Friend, Business etc. Since my CSV file was created by Yahoo! Address Book, it contains a column of CATEGORY which is also supported by KAPI. Actually this bug exists in many early versions of KAPI but I forgot to report it. Now I started using kdepim seriously and found this bug stays in my way to start.

Another question is: the email client currently does not support cutomized encoding options, right? how about just add UTF-8 support because it is the easiest way to support multiple languages since kdepim support choosing customized fonts.

Zautrix, Good Work!
zautrix
QUOTE(shreks @ Apr 27 2005, 03:59 AM)

When I used the address book to import a CSV file, I was asked to match up each colum of CSV file to corresponding field supported by kapi. This is done through choosing a pull-down menu at each column. But I found out that one field is missing: CATEGORY, to store the categroy that a contact belongs to, such as Family, Friend, Business etc. Since my CSV file was created by Yahoo! Address Book, it contains a column of CATEGORY which is also supported by KAPI. Actually this bug exists in many early versions of KAPI but I forgot to report it. Now I started using kdepim seriously and found this bug stays in my way to start.

Another question is: the email client currently does not support cutomized encoding options, right? how about just add UTF-8 support because it is the easiest way to support multiple languages since kdepim support choosing customized fonts.

Zautrix, Good Work!

I have to admit that I never had a look at the csv import code and never tested csv import.

Can you please send me a problematic file as an example?

z.
shreks
I have sent you a sample UTF8-encoded CSV file created by Yahoo! Mail to zautrix@users.sourceforge.net. You use it to test KAPI.

Another problem I found in KAPI is that the data file "kdepim/apps/kabc/std.vcf" used by KAPI accidentally breaks some double-byte characters used by Asian language. Therefore I added some Chinese characters in the comment field of the last contact in the CSV file. You can see this problem if you open std.vcf in vim directly.

Let me know if you need more help. Thanks!

Shreks

QUOTE(zautrix @ Apr 27 2005, 07:21 AM)
QUOTE(shreks @ Apr 27 2005, 03:59 AM)

Zautrix, Good Work!

I have to admit that I never had a look at the csv import code and never tested csv import.

Can you please send me a problematic file as an example?

z.

ev1l
QUOTE(tone @ Apr 25 2005, 03:09 PM)
i have imported my address db - a not so huge 500kb vcf file. i am using KA/Pi for an addressbook.
i have found KA/pi to be cripplingly slow - not only to load, but also to search. A few mins loading, and maybe 15 seconds for a name search.

Half a meg of contacts is quite a bit. Jesus.
Loading the app takes a couple of seconds once it has fastloaded (granted, that takes hours, but nobody cares)
Searching takes milliseconds on my Z (search as you type is quite usable). You should disable search as you type and see of that improves it.
While I worked with Z on usability we enable SAYT by default, and it searches all info by default, which is very nice if you want to search fast, but's quite resource-intensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.