Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Python Under Rc9 Problem
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
gervin23
first off, amazing job with pdaXrom!

my problem is related to pygtk and the light&power app. to make a long story short, i had to uninstall all the python related packages and reinstall. i'm now getting the following startup error from lightnpower.py:

# lightnpower.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/lightnpower.py", line 344, in ?
powersettings = powersettings()
File "/usr/bin/lightnpower.py", line 68, in __init__
import gtk
File "/home/sash/pdaXrom-builder/build/pygtk-2.4.1/ipkg_tmp/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 33, in ?
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gobject.so: undefined symbol: g_assert_warning

any ideas?
gtJormungand
Did you install the full python23 ipk from the feed or did you just install the individual ones?
gervin23
ah yes, good question. i just tried both methods and get the same problem.

method 1:
ipkg install python-core
ipkg install pygtk (which installed prerequisites: python-codecs, python-dbus, python-fcntl, python-stringold, python-xml)

method 2:
ipkg install python
ipkg install pygtk (which installed prerequisites: python-codecs, python-core, python-dbus, python-fcntl, python-stringold, python-xml)

result with both methods:
# lightnpower.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/lightnpower.py", line 344, in ?
powersettings = powersettings()
File "/usr/bin/lightnpower.py", line 68, in __init__
import gtk
File "/home/sash/pdaXrom-builder/build/pygtk-2.4.1/ipkg_tmp/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 33, in ?
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gobject.so: undefined symbol: g_assert_warning
gervin23
does anyone know how i can extract the contents of the original image (initrd.bin or zImage.bin) on my linux box? i have a feeling pygtk in the feed is different than what's included in the kathrin-rc9.zip and short of reflashing woud like to compare.
gtJormungand
Just to get it out of the way, do you have the proper version of gtk installed as well?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.