Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Open A Link In A Browser On Ppc
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Personal Java/Jeode/J2ME Personal Profile
jeremyhoo
Hi, I use java to parse a xml file and then get the URL from the file.

I want to open this URL in a browser. But I can't find a good method.

I try Runtime.exec, but the windows CE 2003 can't deal the stdin and stdout so it always's throws Exceptions.

Then I try to use JNI to call a dll file which created to open the browser.

But in the Jeode CDC enviroment, It always throws an java.lang.unsatisfiedlink error. Though I try all the method to locate the dll file.

So I wonder If anyone have encountered this problem.

anyone has fufilled it?

HJ
Omicron
QUOTE(jeremyhoo @ Apr 24 2005, 10:32 AM)

I try Runtime.exec, but the windows CE 2003 can't deal the stdin and stdout so it always's throws Exceptions.

But in the Jeode CDC enviroment, It always throws an java.lang.unsatisfiedlink error. Though I try all the method to locate the dll file.

anyone has fufilled it?

HJ

If this is an applet, then in the html code, you can embedd java script to open a Url that you pass from java (java can pass javascript a hashtable with a single entry: URL page)....Only I am not sure of this ability in j2me, etc.
jeremyhoo
QUOTE(Omicron @ Apr 24 2005, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE(jeremyhoo @ Apr 24 2005, 10:32 AM)

anyone has fufilled it?

HJ

If this is an applet, then in the html code, you can embedd java script to open a Url that you pass from java (java can pass javascript a hashtable with a single entry: URL page)....Only I am not sure of this ability in j2me, etc.

Well I think with applet we can use the getAppletContext().showDocument method to open link in the browser. but unfortunately this is a stand alone java application. So I wonder if it's possible for embedded java to do this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.