Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zbedic Weird Behavior
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
ShiroiKuma
Hi:

Zbedic is great, only I have this following problem on my Z, which I don't know how to solve.

If I start it from the command line, it loads and runs fine.

However if I click the icon, which also only calls zbedic, it comes up with the screen for each dictionary, telling me it can't find it:
CODE
File: deen-0.9.0.dic.dz
Path: deen-0.9.0.dic.dz
Error: No such file or directory
The file won't be loaded at next startup.

I then have to run it from command prompt again, passing it the dictionary name and it will load it. However then have to restart it from the command prompt for each dictionary.

If I then run it from the icon, same thing happens.

Why is this?
ShiroiKuma
OK, solved this, so if anyone encounters this too.

The reason was I was calling zbedic from the dictionary's folder i.e.
CODE
zbedic deen...whatever_the_dictionary_name

If I call it with the full dictionary path, i.e.
CODE
zbedic /mnt/card/whatever_the_path_and_dict

it works fine.

Duh... smile.gif
ken
It sounds like you're not using a very recent version of Zbedic. It's up to version 0.9.5
ShiroiKuma
QUOTE(ken @ Apr 25 2005, 09:01 PM)
It sounds like you're not using a very recent version of Zbedic.  It's up to version 0.9.5

Actually I had this problem since 0.9.2 up to now with 0.9.5, but it's solved smile.gif
rafm
QUOTE(rehorrericha @ Apr 25 2005, 11:42 PM)
QUOTE(ken @ Apr 25 2005, 09:01 PM)
It sounds like you're not using a very recent version of Zbedic.  It's up to version 0.9.5

Actually I had this problem since 0.9.2 up to now with 0.9.5, but it's solved smile.gif

I don't recommend passing a dictionary file as a command line argument. It is much easier to click on a dictionary icon on "Files" tab or use "Search for dictionaries". Of couse the dictionary must be in one of the valid document paths (those visible in "Files" tab).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.