Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zaurus Sl-c860 Modifier Keys
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
gbrocks
Do any of the keys on the Zaurus SL-C860 provide the functionality of Ctrl & Alt keys?
If not, are we 860 users just stuck without that funtionality?
Stubear
Shift+Fn acts as Ctrl, can't remember if there is a default combo for Alt.

If you want to map other keys to Ctrl and Alt have a look at keyhelper (search the forums there is a heap of info on this app) or install Cacko which use keyhelper built into cyrillica to map keyboard keys (as well as providing virtual keyboards on screen)

Stu
ZDevil
Or try Cacko rom (a MUCH improved flavor of the original Sharp ROM). I have just flashed it and am very happy to see that keyhelper is already built-in (plus a wealth of other goodies of course smile.gif ).
Meyer
I love the SL-Cxxx keyboard. It's a great boon for mobile typing. But control-keys are not one of its strengths. With the Z I tend to avoid applications that make much use of control-key sequences.

As mentioned above, Fn-Shift-... can generally be used for Ctrl-... (if you can contort your fingers enough). Also, at least for some applications, Cancel-... works like Alt-...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.