Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jabp
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
RonWhiting
Does anyone know how to get Jabp to work? I’ve installed the ipk and copied the jar into what I believe was the correct directory. I get the Icon but when selected nothing happens.

I have also tried tkcKapital, which works but will not import QIF files.
QashMoney works also but is not designed to import files.

I am using a SL 5500
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ron Whiting
plcg
QUOTE(RonWhiting @ May 1 2005, 03:12 PM)
Does anyone know how to get Jabp to work? I’ve installed the ipk and copied the jar into what I believe was the correct directory. I get the Icon but when selected nothing happens.

I am using a SL 5500

Thank you,

Ron Whiting

Hi,

Where did you copy Jabp.jar ?
Mine is located in : /home/QtPalmtop/java/jabp/

plcg
chal
QUOTE(RonWhiting @ May 1 2005, 03:12 PM)

I am using a SL 5500

Thank you,

Ron Whiting

Below are the instructions that came in the zip file with the ipk and the jar. The only option for copying the jar that worked for me was the first "/opt/QtPalmtop/java/jabp," regardless of where I instaled the ipk. I got it to work on both internal memory and sd card, but only with the first option (in red). This was on tKc rom. The installation automatically created the directory. All I had to do was copy the jar file there.

Sharp Zaurus with Jeode Java runtime: unzip the file JabpZaurus.zip and install the file Jabp.ipk.  Then using File Manager copy Jabp.jar to the machine in the directory:

/opt/QtPalmtop/java/jabp

or

/mnt/cf/opt/QtPalmtop/java/jabp  (if you installed to Flash disk)

or

/mnt/card/opt/QtPalmtop/java/jabp  (if you installed to SD card)
Meanie
That's not a very good ipk package. It should have done this for you automatically

jabp probably get started by a script called runjabp (check the japb.desktop file to see what it calls)

inside the file you will probably find

-cp $QPEDIR/java/japb/Japb.jar

change that bit to point to wherever you want to put your japb.jar file.

Btw, what does japb do? What is it used for?
plcg
QUOTE(Meanie @ May 2 2005, 02:53 AM)
Btw, what does japb do? What is it used for?

Hi,

jabp means "Just Another Banking Program".

plcg
Ragnorok
- Never got this to work on a C1000. No matter what I did, it said it couldn't find the class it needed. I even looked at the jar file, and it's right there, but no-go from Java. (shrug) No biggie. I'll re-download it later, in case it got scrambled somehow, which is fantastically unlikely, but what the heck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.