Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internal Solid State Memory
OESF Portables Forum > General Forums > General Discussion
loldrup
Hi

I was wondering whether the internal solid state memory is just as prone to extended writing as SD and CF flash cards is?

If so, what do you guys use for swappartition on your zauruses? Guess either one's internal memory or one's flash cards will suffer greatly from performing such a task sad.gif

Jon Loldrup
kahm
QUOTE(loldrup @ May 10 2005, 12:54 AM)
Hi

I was wondering whether the internal solid state memory is just as prone to extended writing as SD and CF flash cards is?

If so, what do you guys use for swappartition on your zauruses? Guess either one's internal memory or one's flash cards will suffer greatly from performing such a task  sad.gif

Jon Loldrup

Yes - the internal flash on the Z's is just as prone to wearing as the flash cards are. Most people swap to a flash card or microdrive.
AndyTiedye
QUOTE(kahm @ May 10 2005, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE(loldrup @ May 10 2005, 12:54 AM)
Hi

If so, what do you guys use for swappartition on your zauruses? Guess either one's internal memory or one's flash cards will suffer greatly from performing such a task  sad.gif

Jon Loldrup

Yes - the internal flash on the Z's is just as prone to wearing as the flash cards are. Most people swap to a flash card or microdrive.

Lately I have been seeing SD flash cards with a "Lifetime Warantee".
If you've got to swap to flash, maybe use one of those.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.