Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Php/html/code Friendly Editor
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
omro
Hi Guys,

Am looking for a nice text editor for the C1000, something that I can write HTML and PHP code in specifically, if it's got syntax hi-lighting then all the better, but I know this is quite rare, so a really nice clean simple text editor that will allow me to save anywhere and use the file extentions that I want and can cope with the C1000's larger screen size would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Lexx
QUOTE(omro @ May 14 2005, 04:31 AM)
Hi Guys,

Am looking for a nice text editor for the C1000, something that I can write HTML and PHP code in specifically, if it's got syntax hi-lighting then all the better, but I know this is quite rare, so a really nice clean simple text editor that will allow me to save anywhere and use the file extentions that I want and can cope with the C1000's larger screen size would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I think TinyKate will fit your needs. It's not PHP specific, but it performs syntax highlighting for many languages. I never got it running on my 5600/Watapon ROM machine so I amnot 100% certain on how well it will work on the Z, but I'm a heavy user of Kate on my Linux desktop. Zeditor is what I currently use on my 5600.
Meanie
QUOTE(Lexx @ May 15 2005, 01:52 AM)
QUOTE(omro @ May 14 2005, 04:31 AM)
Hi Guys,

Thanks!

I think TinyKate will fit your needs. It's not PHP specific, but it performs syntax highlighting for many languages. I never got it running on my 5600/Watapon ROM machine so I amnot 100% certain on how well it will work on the Z, but I'm a heavy user of Kate on my Linux desktop. Zeditor is what I currently use on my 5600.

try vim. it got syntaxt highlighting and runs on almost any platform, including the Z. I use it all the time on all my machines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.