Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Recommand A Gps Cf For My Z
OESF Portables Forum > General Forums > General Discussion
samxiao
i have Zaurus C700 currently (running Cacko 1.22a ROM right now, but i *might* go back to pdaXrom or OZ later)

any good GPS CF recommand for me?
how about the software?

ps: i'm thinking getting C-1000 too

i just wonder which GPS CF will work on my current Cacko ROM and my future C1000
samxiao
ps: i'm planning using it inside my car

i know there's bluetooth one, serial one, and CF one
which one is better? more suitable for my needs?
Jose Ronnick
QUOTE(samxiao @ May 17 2005, 02:00 PM)
ps:  i'm planning using it inside my car

use a serial one over USB.. then you can place the GPS reciever anywhere in the car.. and put the Z somewhere you can see the display.. also, it frees up the CF slot for like.. say.. 802.11b biggrin.gif
ryouga
QUOTE(Jose Ronnick @ May 18 2005, 08:04 AM)

use a serial one over USB.. then you can place the GPS reciever anywhere in the car.. and put the Z somewhere you can see the display.. also, it frees up the CF slot for like.. say.. 802.11b biggrin.gif

Wait. A "serial" one over USB? You mean using the serial port on the Z or the USB port?
samxiao
QUOTE(Jose Ronnick @ May 17 2005, 06:04 PM)

any suggestion to which particular one?

any tutorial for this setup?
samxiao
pump
Gondola
There are several posts in these forums regarding CF GPS's. I believe they recognize as /dev/ttyS3.

If you are *just* using the GPS in the car, and not on foot for any length of time, the CF is a good choice since you just have to connect power to your Z from a cigarette lighter adapter.

I don't have any experience with CF GPS's, though. I have recently purchased a Garmin Etrex Legend since I will be using it standalone. It comes with a serial cable.
samxiao
QUOTE(Gondola @ May 22 2005, 12:01 PM)
There are several posts in these forums regarding CF GPS's.  I believe they recognize as /dev/ttyS3.

If you are *just* using the GPS in the car, and not on foot for any length of time, the CF is a good choice since you just have to connect power to your Z from a cigarette lighter adapter.

I don't have any experience with CF GPS's, though.  I have recently purchased a Garmin Etrex Legend since I will be using it standalone.  It comes with a serial cable.

they said .......CF type won't work well inside a car

sad.gif
Gondola
Just make sure you get one that allows for an optional external antenna, if you are concerned about reception.

QUOTE(samxiao @ May 22 2005, 10:41 PM)

sad.gif
samxiao
QUOTE(Gondola @ May 22 2005, 06:44 PM)
Just make sure you get one that allows for an optional external antenna, if you are concerned about reception.

QUOTE(samxiao @ May 22 2005, 10:41 PM)

sad.gif

do you have any recommandation?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.