Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bluetooth Card - Fix
OESF Portables Forum > General Forums > General Discussion
guylhem
Hello

Speculatrix did help many of us get a bluetooth card cheap from england. However, some people did experience problems.

The solution is very simple : edit your hcid.conf and only use lp sniff; - nothing else. No hold, park, etc.

That way I have the card working fine with my custom made bluetooth access point.

Guylhem
Hrw
in OZ 3.5.3 that card work without any tweaks

C7x0 users have to update 2.6.11 kernel to newer version

to get card working kernel-module-dtl1-cs must be installed

I use that card to connect to PAN on my desktop - works fine. The worst thing is that that driver does not support suspend/resume - have to be ejected/inserted after that ;(
guylhem
Hrw, this depends on your desktop card (believe me or not - but I spend a night documenting why it wasn't work, and got the reply for mh on bluez list) I have 3 different BT dongles - only one worked fine without that change to hcid.conf
Hrw
guylhem: ok - I tested only with few devices.
speculatrix
QUOTE(guylhem @ May 21 2005, 02:13 PM)
Speculatrix did help many of us get a bluetooth card cheap from england. However, some people did experience problems.
The solution is very simple : edit your hcid.conf and only use lp sniff; - nothing else. No hold, park, etc.

I wouldn't say "many", I'd say "some".

Anyway, as I discussed in another thread, I've had major stability problems with bluetooth, after switching to cacko-lite, but when I switched back again, couldn't get it to be reliable.
https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12245

I've tried lots of combinations of "lp sniff park hold", and tried this particular one a both ends, and no joy.

Someone suggested it could be old firmware on the CF BT card, it says supports BT1.0 but my USB dongles support 1.1.

The odd thing is, it's not time related, I can disable suspend and an ssh session to the Z will remain alive for a long time, it's only when I push heavy traffic that it dies after a while... so if I do an ipkg install it might just make it for small packages, but vnc viewer (keypebble) kills it very quickly.

Paul
speculatrix
I updated that other thread with news about some recent new tests I did
speculatrix
I wondered if there was a firmware upgrade for the card, and found that according to socketcom mine isn't: it's a revision E card and they suggest buying a new card :-(

http://www.socketcom.com/support/support_b...CF%20and%20SDIO

I still don't understand why my once perfectly stable system stopped. I don't care too much about the faster data rate of bluetooth 1.2, I just like the lower power of BT vs 802.11b. sigh. Anyway, my wireless access point at home is very dated now - doesn't do WPA (but it's one separate interface on firewall so not critical), so I'm going to upgrade it and get a wlan card for my Z that does WPA (the Zonet ZCF1100 Mercury doesn't as far as I can tell).

Paul

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.