QUOTE(ztep @ May 25 2005, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE(auauhiro @ May 24 2005, 05:13 PM)
I'm using RC9 on SL-C3000 chrooted from Qtopia. I want to test your the binaries of RC10 for C1000. Please, upload the tar image of root partition of jff2 file sywstem, because I can not extract binaries from jffs2.
When you build/test RC10 on C3000, can you public the results/files/instructions for the other C3000 users?
I tried RC10 for SL-C1000 on C3000 chrooted from linux console of PocketWorkstation.
The X-Server works very well, and the match box window manager was
launched, but some clients can not be launched. I tried to check
the reason from X-terminal, but both of rxvt and xterm can not be launched. I copied the /dev from RC9 working on C3000, but nothing was changed. Now, I'm using the Xfbdev of RC10 on C1000 as the X-server of RC9 on C3000.
The method for using RC10 for SL-C1000 on SL-C3000 is as follows.
1) Install pocketworkstation on SL-C3000
2) Reboot SL-C3000 in linux cosole mode of pocketworkstation and login as root.
3) Extract the pdaxrom root image http://188.8.131.52/rc10/Zaurus-C1000/roo...-rc10.1.tar.bz2
on /hdd3. You will need to decompress bz2 before extracting tar in C3000 or you need to install bzip2 on SL-C3000.bzip2 -d root-akita*
tar xvpf root-akita*
4) Extract the /home, /var and /dev from /root and make /tmp.cd /hdd3/root-akita
tar xvpf root/.var*
tar xvpf root/.home*
tar xvpf root/.dev*
rm -r tmp
5) mount /procmount -t proc /proc /hdd3/root-akita/proc
6) chroot to RC10chroot /hdd3/root-akita
7) set enviroment variables.source /etc/profile
8) start X-serverstartx
The matchbox windowmanager can not be shutdown from menu.
You must stop X-server by alt(Address)-Ctrl-BS.
Please try and solves problems of launching X-terminals.