Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ftp Not Working
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Security and Networking
mickh
I have recently bought a zaurus SL-C3000.

I can telnet to my zaurus from my windows XP box (using cygnus shell) and browse the zaurus directories.

However, ftp from the windows box does not work. I try the following:-

ftp 192.168.129.201

and get the following:-

Connected to 192.168.129.201
Connection closed by remote host.

It seems that the connection is initially established but then the zaurus closes the connection.

I saw someone else posted the same problem in another group but there was no solution posted.

Anyone help?

thanks,

MickH
lpotter
If you are using the default sharp rom, they don;t use ftp for syncing, so I doubt that ftp would work.
But try ftp'ing to port 4242
nilch
If you do not find FTP on the Zaurus, you need to install an FTP server (since you are FTP'ing your Zaurus) on the Z.

Pure-FTPD is one free FTP server which works fine for me on my C1000.
There are others too - just google it.
Stubear
Don't use ftp or telnet, both of them send passwords as plain text! Use ssh and sftp/scp instead.

Stu
mickh
QUOTE(Stubear @ Jun 6 2005, 10:34 PM)
Don't use ftp or telnet, both of them send passwords as plain text! Use ssh and sftp/scp instead.

Stu

My question is about ftp. If I wanted to use ssh/scp I would. (I have no passwords on my zaurus anyway so sending them as plain text does not matter!).
Stubear
QUOTE(mickh @ Jun 13 2005, 04:50 AM)
QUOTE(Stubear @ Jun 6 2005, 10:34 PM)

Stu

My question is about ftp. If I wanted to use ssh/scp I would. (I have no passwords on my zaurus anyway so sending them as plain text does not matter!).

There is no ftp client/server installed on the SL-C models by default from Sharp so you will need to install one. As ssh is more secure (and at least for the packages I've used on the Z faster) I recomend it even if you don't have passwords

Stu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.