Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zaurus Periferals
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
DaMightyWhightyMan
Im a happy owner of a Zaurus C-860 running rc9. Just wondering what sort of periferals have people got working. Im mostly interested in external keyboards/mice. I think I read that a USB keyboard would work if you had one of those CF USB host adapters.. but i was hoping perhaps there would be some kinda of seral adapter for the sync port thing.. acually iduno if that interface is serial or not.. I never use it so I thought I'd be nice if there was something i could plug in there so I can run my Wifi Card and a keyboard (or mouse) at the same time. WAsn't there also a guy who managed to wireup a game controller??

Thanks,
Kyle

EDIT: What about that 'ol infared port? What usefull things can i do with that?
Martin
Hi kyle,

I'm owning a nice c860 too ...

My first thought was that I missing a USB host port inside ... connecting a usb hd, mice or keyboard but ...

... searching the web I found different usb host cf cards ... but all of them only offer usb 1.1 capability max. 2 ports (with no usb power for ext. device) ... I thought about an alternative ...

... searched again with some other wishes ... now I found a great product ... solving all off my problems and some more wishes :-)

the answer is ASUS WL-HDD 2.5 :-) look here for details ...

... there is a firmware running a whole linux machine ... with usb host port ... wlan 54 MBit ... ETHERNET connector 10 / 100 MBit ... router ... gateway ... nfs server ... samba ... webinterface for administration ...

... connecting cardreader, mouse, keyboard, gamepad and many more via USB to wl-hdd and connecting Z via WLAN to it ... may solve your problem :-)

Have a good day and much pleasure
Martin
Zumi
I managed to get a Bluetooth mouse working with pdaXrom!
I tested things a bit, at the moment the status is:
Working together: mouse+Internet with Bluetooth phone
Not working together: mouse+touchscreen, mouse+BT networking

It's a DTL-1 Nokia Connectivity Bluetooth CF card with a Cellink BTM-5963 mouse.

The process is still hacky, but later I will make an ipk from it and I think it will be included in the mainline ROM too.

Zumi smile.gif
waalkman
QUOTE(DaMightyWhightyMan @ Jun 11 2005, 01:50 AM)
EDIT:  What about that 'ol infared port?  What usefull things can i do with that?

Transferring files to a Palm comes to mind... smile.gif
DaMightyWhightyMan
QUOTE(Martin @ Jun 11 2005, 02:15 PM)
the answer is ASUS WL-HDD 2.5 :-) look here for details ...

... there is a firmware running a whole linux machine ... with usb host port ... wlan 54 MBit ... ETHERNET connector 10 / 100 MBit ... router ... gateway ... nfs server ... samba ... webinterface for administration ...

... connecting cardreader, mouse, keyboard, gamepad and many more via USB to wl-hdd and connecting Z via WLAN to it ... may solve your problem :-)

Have a good day and much pleasure
Martin

Hi, thanks for the tip but im a bit confused. So the WL_HDD connects wirelessly to the Z.. ok. but how do we use a usb keyboard and mouse with the Z once it's plugged into the WL-HDD unit?
adf
QUOTE(waalkman @ Jun 13 2005, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE(DaMightyWhightyMan @ Jun 11 2005, 01:50 AM)
EDIT:  What about that 'ol infared port?  What usefull things can i do with that?

Transferring files to a Palm comes to mind... smile.gif

it WAS good for an ir keyboard. ph34r.gif

To rant for a sec. I don't like my rolly usb kbd. it is big and cheap.
I do like my belkin ir.
I don't really want to buy an aircable and a bluetooth keyboard. (does aircable work on pdax? I'm guessing it does).
I suppose, though, that if I need BT, then it is an aircable..which means no keyboard on my z..unless I buy bt..yecccchh.
Maybe a usb dongle? yes... usb mouse kbd and bt... or just a dongle hanging off the z..silly looking but functional (or I could get one soldered in). that still leaves me with buying a bt kbd (would rather not) or finding a comapct , foldable usb kbd (no luck yet).
AAAAAARGH.

whew.
So, which usb bt dongles/chipsets should work..anyone know? (and a pointer at a tiny usb kbd would make my day).
waalkman
QUOTE(adf @ Jun 25 2005, 12:20 PM)
(and a pointer at a tiny usb kbd would make my day).

Oh happy day!

http://www.fentek-ind.com/usb.htm#kbmhh
pgas
The happy hacking lite2 keyboard is indeed very nice and small (it is my keyboard) BUT it is also heavy (1.43Lb, 680g according to http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/en/hhkeyboard/lineup.html ).
adf
Thanks guys.

The stowaway folder is cheap and plentiful on ebay right now, too. Any experience with this?

No usb BT dongle ideas? #$%#. This is gonn be like cheap webcam chipsets, isn't it?
adf
started trying to really use my usbkbd on my 6k. bad keymap. any idea how to fix?
Sam Hell
QUOTE(adf @ Jun 25 2005, 08:20 PM)
I don't really want to buy an aircable and a bluetooth keyboard. (does aircable work on pdax? I'm guessing it does).

Im afraid not. The Aircable BT Adapter doesnt seem to work.

I put a few days in it, couldnt get it for more then blinking a few times and then
shut down again. unsure.gif

MfG
Nico
adf
QUOTE(Sam Hell @ Jun 30 2005, 08:12 PM)

I put a few days in it, couldnt get it for more then blinking a few times and then

MfG
Nico

Hmm. well, I guess it is cheaper to buy an assortment of usb bt dongles than 1 aircable. guess I'll try that way (and end up with bt on everything in the house that has usb)
DaMightyWhightyMan
QUOTE(adf @ Jun 30 2005, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE(Sam Hell @ Jun 30 2005, 08:12 PM)

MfG
Nico

Hmm. well, I guess it is cheaper to buy an assortment of usb bt dongles than 1 aircable. guess I'll try that way (and end up with bt on everything in the house that has usb)

soo.. Blue Thooth cards work with pdaxrom? (and i assume they're CF cards?)
adf
\

soo.. Blue Thooth cards work with pdaxrom? (and i assume they're CF cards?)

[/quote]

I have no idea. I thought I'd try cheap usb dongles and keep my cf for data
realm
QUOTE(adf @ Jun 29 2005, 09:53 PM)
started trying to really use my usbkbd on my 6k. bad keymap. any idea how to fix?

i have a c3000 and the keymap for my usb keyboard is bad too. i'm not sure what the right way to fix it is. i think you could create a map file and load it, but then the built in one probably wouldn't work. I'd like to know how to make both work right =|
adf
guylhem made progress on this on the 6k. maybe that would be a start?
Otherwise maybe a combination of whining and cash aimed at the pdax guys?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.