Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zaurusthemes.org
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Themes, Icons, and Backgrounds
Cresho
ZaurusThemes.org

place comments here.

ill be adding more pics tomorrow...about 500 of them.
ken
I'd put more themes per page, even if there is only 2 of them.

The wallpapers section is nice.

Might want to make it clear that you're not zaurusthemes.com

The word "Wall Papers" is a little figure out at first.

Otherwise, looks good.
PrOtOn
Really nice section of wall papers.
I like the ring one, but I've seen another pic of it, but at the bottom of the river.
bam
hey I've got tons of Luis Royo artwork, maybe I will resize a few and send'em your way:)
Cresho
ohh....no.....tungsten....user!

many times have i tried to convert to palm

and many times have i failed!

dont convert. ill setup an ftp site for yoy to upload.

hold on...

ftp= thelocker.no-ip.info:666

username= guest
password= guest

im typing from my pda...

ill have the server up after 8am pst

dont convert images. i got a batch converting software
Gondola
I would love to see images split into sections by size and orientation. ie, one section for 240x320, one section for 640x480, and another section for 480x640.
Boris
Seems that pages miss background color specification, this make them not so pretty when default background color in browser set to something other than white.
tombraider
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 13 2005, 01:48 AM)
ZaurusThemes.org

place comments here.

Beautiful job, Cresho! Your work is much appreciated.

I was already at your site the other day and downloaded a bunch of those beautiful wall papers. :-)

Yes, please see if you can sort the wallpapers into sizes.

Keep up the good work. biggrin.gif
tombraider
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 13 2005, 01:48 AM)
ZaurusThemes.org

place comments here.

I could really use some decent icons now in Opie...I have the cool icons for my Sharp ROM which are really nice.

Anybody know of some good ones for Open Zaurus Opie?

The wallpapers are just awesome, Cresho!
technojunkie
Man so many wallpapers... I'll have to see about writing a script to change them once every couple days so I can use more than one.
Cresho
hehe! thats nothing....

i have around 2700 in the cooker! I hope the site can take it! 640x480 alone and converting to other formats as well for other zauruses

i also have 3 themes on the way and after ill put em over to opie

steel

excuisite

goomity or something.

updated-----there are over 600 640x480 images for the z

other sizes are coming tomorrow
technojunkie
WOW All I can say is it's about time we saw some REAL themes. I just loaded the umicons theme and it rocks.
Cresho
kinda makes your os feel like a real pda dont it?

did you manage to get all the wallpapers and title bar working properly on it? Im curious to see how the file structure differs from cacko to zaurus 3.13 and also the theme manager.

if it works good, ill add cacko for support.

im working on a theme made of pure steel...man it looks freakin sweet! Hope to have it ready by tomorrow.
Stubear
Great Job.

Just one request, it is possible to get a page count (page/total page) indicator so I know where I am (and where to come back to if I'm interrupted) while browsing the ever growing list of wallpapers

Soory, forgot to add that this request is for the thumbnail pages, not the individual pages - the individual already has this feature.

Stu
Cresho
QUOTE(Gondola @ Jun 13 2005, 01:54 PM)
I would love to see images split into sections by size and orientation.  ie, one section for 240x320, one section for 640x480, and another section for 480x640.

DONE!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Stubear @ Jun 15 2005, 05:18 PM)
Great Job.

Just one request, it is possible to get a page count (page/total page) indicator so I know where I am (and where to come back to if I'm interrupted) while browsing the ever growing list of wallpapers

Soory, forgot to add that this request is for the thumbnail pages, not the individual pages - the individual already has this feature.

Stu

DONE!!!!!!!!! but uploading at the moment so you wont see the effect as of this post until 3 hours later. wasnt too hard to edit 1600 html pages. The only problem here is you wont be able to see the last location you were at unless.....i add cookies but i hate em and want it plain and simple. i may however, subdivide it to desktop, nature, cars, girls, gentoo, kde, gnome, fantasy....etc.
rebski
Fantastic effort there Cresho!

Subdivision into categories would be very useful, especially seeing how there are already so many.
benplaut
oh, and can you add a section for 640x640 backgrounds?

they are optimal for 6k and clamshells because you can turn them either way, and they won't tile smile.gif
Cresho
QUOTE(benplaut @ Jun 16 2005, 10:17 PM)
oh, and can you add a section for 640x640 backgrounds?

they are optimal for 6k and clamshells because you can turn them either way, and they won't tile  smile.gif

DONE!
w14
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 17 2005, 10:09 AM)
DONE!

Its returning a 404 at the moment ... you have a typo in the link. It says ...640x6400...

Mike.
Cresho
QUOTE(w14 @ Jun 17 2005, 03:10 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 17 2005, 10:09 AM)
DONE!

Its returning a 404 at the moment ... you have a typo in the link. It says ...640x6400...

Mike.

yeah uploading over 270mb is slow and time consuming. ill fix the typo. im almost done with the new zaurus theme and im 50 dollars short in ordering my new zaurus c1000.

stuff im going through at 4 am....
craigtyson
Cresho

Why not stik a PayPal donation button somewhere on the site. Webspase isnt free and you have obviously put alot of time nito uploading the imaged and formatting them.
Stubear
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 16 2005, 10:24 AM)
DONE!!!!!!!!!  but uploading at the moment so you wont see the effect as of this post until 3 hours later.  wasnt too hard to edit 1600 html pages.  The only problem here is you wont be able to see the last location you were at unless.....i add cookies but i hate em and want it plain and simple.  i may however, subdivide it to desktop, nature, cars, girls, gentoo, kde, gnome, fantasy....etc.

Yay! biggrin.gif

Tell me you really don't edit 1600 seperate pages! You use php or something to generate the pages don't you? Or at least a template and a script to generate the pages?

I'm not a big fan of cookies either, I'm happy just remembering what page I was at last time.

thanks

Stu
Cresho
QUOTE(craigtyson @ Jun 17 2005, 04:11 AM)
Cresho

Why not stik a PayPal donation button somewhere on the site.  Webspase isnt free and you have obviously put alot of time nito uploading the imaged and formatting them.

Actually, its not my machine. I have no clue as to how offroadgeek is managing this especially with the load of wallpapers it has. He just gaved me the space and i do the work. kinda works out since i only have 20mb on my machine and so far, i have managed to use up 700mb for the site alone.

QUOTE(Stubear @ Jun 17 2005, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 16 2005, 10:24 AM)
DONE!!!!!!!!!  but uploading at the moment so you wont see the effect as of this post until 3 hours later.  wasnt too hard to edit 1600 html pages.  The only problem here is you wont be able to see the last location you were at unless.....i add cookies but i hate em and want it plain and simple.  i may however, subdivide it to desktop, nature, cars, girls, gentoo, kde, gnome, fantasy....etc.

Yay! biggrin.gif

Tell me you really don't edit 1600 seperate pages! You use php or something to generate the pages don't you? Or at least a template and a script to generate the pages?

I'm not a big fan of cookies either, I'm happy just remembering what page I was at last time.

thanks

Stu

I don't know...ill leave that up to your imagination but you are on track.

I have a question for you guys-

Do you guys care what kinda of wallpapers you see on screen? i know the flower ones are fantastic on the zaurus since it has that "look" to it. the cars work as well since there isnt too much on it but some star wars has alot of roughage that is unusable on the zaurus.

how should i approach this? just leave stuff that works on the zaurus? or it is fine the way it is?
w14
I think its fine the way it is - choice is good.

Personally, I would like to see more subtle backgrounds up there too. Most of the ones that are there would be good for X roms. I think they are too busy for a Qtopia based roms, where there is no choice but to have the icons on the desktop.

Mike.
Cresho
QUOTE(w14 @ Jun 17 2005, 01:28 PM)

Personally, I would like to see more subtle backgrounds up there too. Most of the ones that are there would be good for X roms. I think they are too busy for a Qtopia based roms, where there is no choice but to have the icons on the desktop.

Mike.

then i think ill leave the ones i have up already and just add more subtle and less busy wallpaper for the qtopia users. Never thought of the xrom crew.
benplaut
QUOTE(w14 @ Jun 17 2005, 11:28 AM)

Mike.

here, here!

i've got about 5 lite backgrounds in the works, and one out already... i can't stand not being able to see my icons dry.gif

<<edit>>

forgot to add- are there any plans for the future to let users upload their own stuff? that would be cool biggrin.gif
Cresho
QUOTE(benplaut @ Jun 17 2005, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE(w14 @ Jun 17 2005, 11:28 AM)

Mike.

here, here!

i've got about 5 lite backgrounds in the works, and one out already... i can't stand not being able to see my icons dry.gif

<<edit>>

forgot to add- are there any plans for the future to let users upload their own stuff? that would be cool biggrin.gif

im working on the upload html. im also working on the community based wallpaper section.

you can email em to me at cresho@earthlink.net right now so i can get those started. the upload html will be up later.

ohh...email them 2 at a time ziped or something cuz my email box wont take one big file.
technojunkie
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 16 2005, 01:16 AM)

did you manage to get all the wallpapers and title bar working properly on it?  Im curious to see how the file structure differs from cacko to zaurus 3.13 and also the theme manager.

im working on a theme made of pure steel...man it looks freakin sweet!  Hope to have it ready by tomorrow.

Worked 100% the tabs, wallpaper, and a lot of the icons. (including a couple jeode apps!!!)

I think it's safe to say you support it at least on the 5500 I dunno about the C-series cacko.

Can't wait to see the new theme.
Cresho
QUOTE(technojunkie @ Jun 17 2005, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 16 2005, 01:16 AM)

did you manage to get all the wallpapers and title bar working properly on it?  Im curious to see how the file structure differs from cacko to zaurus 3.13 and also the theme manager.

im working on a theme made of pure steel...man it looks freakin sweet!  Hope to have it ready by tomorrow.

Worked 100% the tabs, wallpaper, and a lot of the icons. (including a couple jeode apps!!!)

I think it's safe to say you support it at least on the 5500 I dunno about the C-series cacko.

Can't wait to see the new theme.

im almost done with 4 more. i hope you figured out about the tab configuration. it has more icons for your applications that you can add....

its under xtra/name.png so look under x for tons of unused umicon icons.

someone said it works on cacko already.

im gona port the themes over to the c1000 and hoping it will work on teh c3000 and c1000

im actually ordering my device online

DONE! i ordered a c1000. Now i will be using my sl5500 as a backup incase my new zaurus dies.
Cresho
I added some updates for the c1000. check it out when you guys can.

bam
yes very nice indeed, any chance in porting the umicons theme to a sl-cXXX series?
Meanie
Hey Cresho,

you got awesome looking wallpapers. Would you mind if I included a few of them in my Debian jumbo pack as default backgrounds for the various themes? I made a WinXP theme for the icewm window manager on PocketWorkstation for which I merged the Win95 and SilverXP themes.
Cresho
QUOTE(bam @ Jul 9 2005, 04:11 PM)
yes very nice indeed, any chance in porting the umicons theme to a sl-cXXX series?

I am working on my own icons. been too busy with that project to blow away that apple one i made.

but for umicons, its not being port over cuz i am using newer version of umicons called gant.

now the gant one will be exclusive to the c series as the umicons to the sl

it represents old and new.

so you definetly will not be dissapointed at all with the gant. samde dude who made the umicons and he did a fabulous job at it.
Cresho
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jul 9 2005, 05:24 PM)
Hey Cresho,

you got awesome looking wallpapers. Would you mind if I included a few of them in my Debian jumbo pack as default backgrounds for the various themes? I made a WinXP theme for the icewm window manager on PocketWorkstation for which I merged the Win95 and SilverXP themes.

go ahead meanie...those are distributed freely as far as i seen as long you dont intend to sell the item with the wallpapers.

ohh and i have over 1000 debian wallpapers

28000 artworks of various people wallpapers.

its just too much so i just picked a few and droped them in.

let me know if you want more debian. some dudes out there do some incredible job and i just love debian. cant belive the dude named os after debra!

email me or post here if you have a ftp server so i can up the files untouched and ill let y ou play with them...unless you want me to correctly resize them for optimum view i can resize all of them in a minute.
Meanie
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jul 10 2005, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jul 9 2005, 05:24 PM)
Hey Cresho,

go ahead meanie...those are distributed freely as far as i seen as long you dont intend to sell the item with the wallpapers.

ohh and i have over 1000 debian wallpapers

28000 artworks of various people wallpapers.

its just too much so i just picked a few and droped them in.

let me know if you want more debian. some dudes out there do some incredible job and i just love debian. cant belive the dude named os after debra!

email me or post here if you have a ftp server so i can up the files untouched and ill let y ou play with them...unless you want me to correctly resize them for optimum view i can resize all of them in a minute.

Thanks Cresho, but I don't need that many wallpapers smile.gif The ones in the attachments above should do fine for the time being.

Btw, what apps do you use for the image resize, etc... I use VisualQ on my Z to do almost all the rotating, resizing and format conversions and MS Paint to add text if need be smile.gif well, I should be using Gimp or TuxPaint instead of MSPaint smile.gif
Cresho
well...

i can't use visual q for my digital camera since i use the c1000. i run out of memory. NOw im thinking if cacko rom can fix this problem. 3 megapixle image is a problem on my z since i run out of memory.

so i use a batch converter which i utilize lanczos 3 interpolation filter to assist in resizing and preventing distorted or rough edges which are left by othe softwares. I'm trying to use the z for my digital needs but end up jumping back on the desktop to finish lengthy projects. The z does the same but its for "on the go" if you know what i mean.

well, let me know if you want debian. I have much nicer wallpapers.
chal
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jul 10 2005, 03:10 AM)
  well, I should be using Gimp or TuxPaint instead of MSPaint smile.gif

Don't know if you're aware of it, but there is a GIMP for Winduhs;

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

I use it and it works pretty much the same as the Linux one (well, as far as the features I use, it does).

Hey Cresho, Thanks for making the "oslinux_1.0," available for the 5500. Very nice! I look forward to see more. One suggestion about the site. Maybe a section for the newly added wallpapers. It's geting kinda big to go though the whole site to weed out the new ones.
seinfield
Great Work!!, i think It must be added next to the HOW TO of the www.zaurususergrop.com
offroadgeek
QUOTE(seinfield @ Jul 31 2005, 04:57 PM)
Great Work!!, i think It must be added next to the HOW TO of the www.zaurususergrop.com

Great suggestion... I've done just that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.