Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using Bluetooth Via Usb Serial
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > 5x00 Hardware
Hello all,

While browsing my local ebay I came across Bluetooth USB Dongle going cheap for apporx 14 USD.

I was wondering can I use it this dongle to connect to my Z Sl-5500 using somekind of USB to serial interface such as Profilic 2303?

If you are on about connecting this to the Zaurus it will not work.

The SL5500 does not have USB Hosting facilities, you can connect to a USB Host with it (eg your computer) but you can't plug USB accessories into it. The only way around this is if you get a USB Host compact flash card, but these tend to be pricey and generally drain the battery quickly sad.gif

Your best bet is to keep a look out for a Bluetooth CF card, but make sure it is a compatable one. There are lists on the forums which should tell you what is ok to use.

I managed to pick up one for about £15 inc P+P on ebay, so they do exist smile.gif
The SL5500 does not have USB Hosting facilities, 

I understand that so that is reason I was wondering if I can convert the USB to serial and interface it to the Z
Something on similar line

The problem is that you have USB Bluetooth dongle but no serial port dongles

I managed to pick up one for about £15 inc P+P on ebay,  so they do exist smile.gif

Unfortunately I am in India where getting shipped some where from EU or US is going to cost me as good as the price of the used product

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2016 Invision Power Services, Inc.