Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oz Keyboard Death?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
chayimkirshen
This seems to occur frequently. My Zaurus suddenly doesn't register key presses from either the keyboard or the magic buttons (addressbook, calendar, arrows, ok, etc.).

I'm running henteges 3.5.3 on an SL5000d. Every time I suspend, I use the menu (not the keyboard), because of something I read elsewhere.

With this bug I can turn the zaurus on using the cancel key, but I can't successfully do anything keyboard related after that. Ideas?

--chayim
l0n3star
Hi,

have the same problems. Most of the time it occurs after a longer supsend (e.g. over night).

Andreas

QUOTE(chayimkirshen @ Jun 22 2005, 03:01 AM)
This seems to occur frequently.  My Zaurus suddenly doesn't register key presses from either the keyboard or the magic buttons (addressbook, calendar, arrows, ok, etc.).

I'm running henteges 3.5.3 on an SL5000d.  Every time I suspend, I use the menu (not the keyboard), because of something I read elsewhere.

With this bug I can turn the zaurus on using the cancel key, but I can't successfully do anything keyboard related after that.  Ideas?

--chayim
acpkendo
I can confirm this too--seems that the APM bug is the likely culprit. Fortunately, there's an updated kernel in the "upgrades" feed, which solves all problems related to APM (such as resetting when trying to suspend via the Cancel button, prolonged pressing of the right directional pad, etc...). Unfortunately, it requires re-flashing, but it'll be worth it.
acpkendo
FYI, I've flashed to the r21 kernel, and I still have the same problem. I wonder if this isn't due to something in the suspend/resume scripts.

It also means that when this bug hits, I have to do a reset of the z. I'll put this in the bugtracker right now. . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.