I'm trying to flash my 860 with Cacko 1.22. I've never flashed a Zaurus before, so I may be misisng something. The istructions that came with the build say:
1. Extract the 3 files ...to the root of your CF or SD/MMC card.
2. Make sure that Zaurus isn't plugged into AC power.
3. Remove battery for at least 5 seconds.
4. Replace battery (replace battery cover, lock cover), plug in AC power.
5. Press and hold the "OK" button on the keyboard.
6. Turn the power on, you should see the Japanese service menu.
7. Now Plug in the Power Cord. (You will get an error if it isn't plugged in!)
8. Select option 4 (flash/update).
Except for me there is no option four. Sharp's ROM reboots normaly. I never see the Japanese service menu. I can read and write to the CF card I'm using, and I've an otherwise unaltered Zaurus 860 that I just bought used.
Secondly, it tells me to plug in AC twice. Is it telling me to do two separate things? Is it just being redundant, or giving a reminder?
Any ideas? Anything I'm missing?