Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Set Up An Akita&spitz Build / Need Help On Network
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Jondalar
Dear all,

I downloaded the sdk and wanted to play around with the build-rom system. A Problem that I see, is that I can not get an ethernet device to download all the sources etc. I know I could pre-download them and place them in a right environment, but I rather prefer to be online so I can access the documentation/forum/irc while I am inside the pdaX86 environment.

I own an AMD64 with sk98lin gigabit-ethernet card. The module can be loaded manually by typing "modprobe sk98lin", but "ifconfig /all" tells me no eth device is found.

Is there a way to get this done? I run gentoo on my computer usually ... another solution I thought of was installing VMWARE and run the pdaX86 inside there.

Any hint to get the system set up I can use it for internet would be very nice.
Kind Regards,
J*
pgas
Not quite an answer but:

if you have linux installed on your pc, you can copy the filesystem of the live cd to your harddisk and use the builder in a chrooted env.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.