Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roadster Running On Pdaxrom ?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
gab74
Does anyone try to compile Roadster GPS for PDAXROM ?
I see some screenshots

Roadster aims to be easy-to-use and open-source mapping software.

Does anyone has any infos ???

Theese are some screenshots
scoutme
it looks awesome!!!
I didn't either know it!

....s**t... I sold my gps compact flash receiver since I couldn't find a good linux software a few time ago..
adf
killer. is it foss? can we get it working?
Martin
hi :-)

any link to Roadster source ... could not find the homepage on sf.net or other gpl hoster ...

sorry ... not seen the link to screenshots above ... some more infos about the software? Where to get maps for germany for it? Any data for a lake like "lake of constance (Bodensee)" in germany?

Thanks
Martin
adf
From the homepage:

Roadster isn't really ready for the masses, but hackers can get Roadster from CVS like so (just press enter when asked for a password):

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.cairographics.org:/cvs/cairo login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.cairographics.org:/cvs/cairo co roadster

the homepage has additional links:
http://linuxadvocate.org/projects/roadster/
scoutme
no one trying?
adf
QUOTE(scoutme @ Jul 4 2005, 08:25 PM)
no one trying?

I was thinking of tryong freeciv2 when 8 got my environment setup.
If that works ok... I can look into it. but keep in mind that I know nothg about
dev on pdax yet.
koen
Roadster uses embedded-mysql which requires a binary-only module from the mysql company which isn't available for ARM. So unless you run the x86 version in qemu on your zaurus, roadster won't run. I'll have another look at the roadster recipe in OE after I get back to Europe.
Another way is to make sqlite support geofeatures and send a patch to Ian.
adf
not me smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.