Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gpsdrive On Sl-6000
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
doppiaemme
I installed gpsdrive from the unstable feed on SD
but when I launch it, it asks for libart-lgpl.
Ok, i install it manually, but now it asks for libpcre, which I can't find in /usr/lib nor in the feed...
Any suggestion?

M.
doppiaemme
Sorry, just solved! :-)
The package required was pcre_5.0_armv5tel.ipk
Zumi
So it actually works nicely on an SL-6000? (I'm the creator of the package, that's why I'm asking.)

Zumi smile.gif
gab74
Zumi,
I've SL6000 with GLOBALSAT BC-307 CF GPS and your package works very well.....
Now i try to set up mysql for using waypoints...
doppiaemme
QUOTE(Zumi @ Jul 1 2005, 11:24 PM)
So it actually works nicely on an SL-6000? (I'm the creator of the package, that's why I'm asking.)

I haven't tried with my bluetooth gps yet but in demo mode it seems to work fine. The only thing that should be fixed is the library dependence, libart-lgpl and libart-lgpl.
In these days I'll try with the bt gps and I'll tell you.

Max
gab74
I want to use mysql with gpsdrive, i've mysql and i've created geoinfo database,
how can I set up gpsdrive script for using mysql ???
Zumi
According to the man page of "gpsdrive" (not included in the ipk):
-q Disables SQL support. Only usefull if you have SQL support compiled in.
So, remove the -q from the /usr/local/bin/gpsdrive-run.sh script. It's in the end of the last line.

MySql support worked for me when I tried, but the queries were too slow on a C700.

Zumi smile.gif
gab74
Zumi,
i dont see any icons when i try to set up a Waypoint. The menu Waypoint type is empty
Why ? Can you help me ?
Zumi
You really should read that manual page if you want to fiddle with the program.
http://www.gpsdrive.cc/man-en.html (try searching for "icon")

Zumi
gab74
QUOTE(Zumi @ Jul 4 2005, 02:55 AM)
You really should read that manual page if you want to fiddle with the program.
http://www.gpsdrive.cc/man-en.html (try searching for "icon")

Zumi

Yes Zumi, sorry for my ignorance i read the manual;

I've download from the site gpsdrive-2.10pre2.tar.gz (not from the cvs)
i see the database from the CVS if different from the version on the site. Your CVS need some other tables for using mysql as POI , STREETS and so on
I've compiled http://www.gpsdrive.cc/gpsdrive-2.10pre2.tar.gz on my LInux Pc and i see this version only uses waypoints table so it will be more usable on Zaurus.
Please can you compile this version for Zaurus so i can try to use it on My SL-6000

Let me know,
sincerly Gabriele
Zumi
Gpsdrive stable and pre versions are pretty old. The code is under cleaning and documentation, that's why there's no new release from it. But, apart from that, there's a lot of fixes in the CVS that makes Gpsdrive more usable (for example my patch for map importing biggrin.gif).

And I don't really understand your problem about the CVS version makes two additional tables. Have you got any record in those tables? I don't think so. You think that it slows down things when the program do queries from these tables? Turn off POI and Streets checkbox in the program.

So, I don't think I should bother compiling older versions. However, if I will have time and desire to compile a new CVS version, I will do that.

Zumi ph34r.gif

Ps: Please don't PM your posts to me, just post them here.
gab74
Ok Zumi,
i enebled sql support and it works, strange thing is : i turned off streets and POI checkbox, but when i restart the program they are checked again ....very strange....
Zumi
QUOTE(gab74 @ Jul 5 2005, 10:12 AM)
Ok Zumi,
i enebled sql support and it works, strange thing is : i  turned off streets and POI checkbox, but when i restart the program they are checked again ....very strange....

They were new features, they weren't tested correctly when I built the package from the CVS. As the map grid, what you can toggle with "G", but it's not remembered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.