Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wireless syncing with MS Outlook
OESF Forums > General Forums > Desktop Operating Systems Issues > Windows Issues
bb
Is anyone here syncing with MS Outlook through a LAN connection via a WiFi card? If so, which solution do you use?

I'm using MS Outlook 2002 (XP) on a MS Windows XP Professional system, and I haven't been able to find a syncing solution with my newly recieved SL-860. The WiFi connection works fine.

Best regards,
bb
offroadgeek
bb - check this out
bb

All right, I tried looking into that. I have a working samba connection to the device with the shares defined in the smb.conf file. I installed Intellisync from the 5500v31.zip file the can be gotten from www.myzaurus.com. I believe my primary problem right now is that I´m unable to select "USB - TCP/IP" among the connections in "Zaurus Manager". If I try it, I get a warning dialog box telling me to check the connection between the docking station and the PC.

What is wrong? Is there another version of Intellisync that I should be using?

Best regards,
bb
zbones
Put the zaurus in the usb cradle, and then try changing it.

A dumb bug, there are ways round it if you cannot plug the cradle in, but you would have to search for that, I only remember reading about it, don't remember where.
bb
Put the zaurus in the usb cradle, and then try changing it.

I tried that now. It seems I can make a working setup with the "USB - TCP/IP" setting for the MS Windows admin user, but as soon as I try it for a non-privileged user on the MS Windows XP system, nothing happens when I try to synchronize. I can use "Zaurus Manager" and make the correct connection, but the syncing obviously doesn't work.

I would *really* prefer not to have to log into the MS Windows XP system as the admin user when I sync with the Zaurus. Can this be avoided?

Best regards,
bb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.