borrowing a 256mb CF from a friend, so i have a few hours to mess around with, and install a rom to my C1000
i am using the sharp ROM, and haven't messed around with the partitions or anything
1) the package i need to download is " kathrin-rc10.1-akita.zip", right?
2) i can follow, except for different entries to select CF or SD, the instructions for installation to C860?
3) i just copy the three files in the zip:
to the root of the blank CF? or is there something with the zImage.bin in the tools.tar archive?
4) during the install, i select the option to partition 50mb for / ?
5) after the second reboot, i will be presented with a CLI login. login as root (so password), and type "startx". this will start matchbox, and give me a calibration screen (in portrait).
6) i can then edit .xinit to give me mouse support (with the D-pad?)?
7) i have ~50mb where i can install programs or store files to.
8) i can then set up usbnet with my Ubuntu laptop?
thanks in advance,
9) will the update give me a 2.6 kernel?