Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zaurusvideo
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
Cresho
i have put together all the software, all the instructions even a sample video for you guys to watch movies.

Current setup

320-240 resolution at 29fps audio anywhere from 64kbps to 128 to 160 at any khertz. sync and fullframe view. fastforward or rewind not a problem. you can carry a full star wars movie in 120mb file with excellent audio and video.

i need some comments to make it better since i don't know what else to do.

Im also adding a section for people who dual between sl5500 and c-xxxx so you wont have to carry 2 videos of the same movies around. Just getting lazy i guess.

ZaurusVideo

post comments please....i need some.
Cresho
sorry guys i had to adjust some settings for wide screen movies.

instruction updates to correct problem is in the read me file in this zip file.
http://home.earthlink.net/~cresho/kino2-updated.zip

i updated the website to include this file.
orange
thank you very much your version also works on the 3k with cacko ROM
I followed you instruction in the readme file and for the first time I see it workin biggrin.gif I only had a smal video to test but that runs very nice!!
Will keep on testing...
Cresho
man if it works, you dont have to do anything else but encode videos laugh.gif

the readme has a link to my nemo video.
kurochka
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jul 14 2005, 07:06 AM)
man if it works, you dont have to do anything else but encode videos  laugh.gif

This is good news. I presume 3000 will work too, correct?
Cresho
QUOTE(kurochka @ Jul 14 2005, 10:52 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jul 14 2005, 07:06 AM)
man if it works, you dont have to do anything else but encode videosĀ  laugh.gif

This is good news. I presume 3000 will work too, correct?

yes because it has the same video chicp and same cpu
mobilemike
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jul 13 2005, 02:29 PM)
sorry guys i had to adjust some settings for wide screen movies.

instruction updates to correct problem is in the read me file in this zip file.
http://home.earthlink.net/~cresho/kino2-updated.zip

i updated the website to include this file.

I get the ipkg sorry installation error when trying to install bvdd. any ideas? I am running from the add/remove software. i use c-1000. Thanks.
Cresho
It's either your not running the default sharprom from japan, you modified the kernel, or you are not installing from /mnt/cf or /mnt/card

you get an error if installing from other directories too dip into the directories.

i backed up and restored the desktop with backup restore to default, i redownloaded the file, extracted, installed from kino2 folder off the cf card, it works fine.
mobilemike
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jul 15 2005, 12:49 PM)
It's either your not running the default sharprom from japan, you modified the kernel, or you are not installing from /mnt/cf or /mnt/card

you get an error if installing from other directories too dip into the directories.

i backed up and restored the desktop with backup restore to default, i redownloaded the file, extracted, installed from kino2 folder off the cf card, it works fine.

thanks for the reply, i had a .preinst abort so i typed in the terminal $ su # rm /usr/lib/ipkg/info/bvdd.preinst, then ipkg installed the bvdd file from the terminal and it worked, i am going to try the other two files and will report my findings --- update --- i loaded the other two files, followed your instructions and it works great! thanks..
markpmc
well done. worked fine w/o rebooting after installing the ipks and setting the kino2 options.
Cresho
Just an update. I was running some heavy video play and i noticed that removing the checkmark for cash under file->prefferences under kino2 runs better. Just giving people a heads up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.