Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Aqpkg
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
charlie
Never having managed to get the Z online through usb, I put all packages on cf and then install en-masse using the local packages option in the package manager.

I've had just about every bug known to oz but particularly since moving to Hentges fork this method has proved foolproof and served me well with no flakiness or problems.

For a couple of days now it doesn't list any of the ipk's present on the cf card.

I've reflashed over and over again.
Reformatted my sd card
Reflashed to 3.5.3 - same issue
Flashed back to TKC - ok but obviously didn't recognise oz packages because it isn't supposed to.
Reflashed to Hentges T2 - still same problem.

Is there a file that I can amend to get it looking at things properly.
I know that everything should be back to a clean install and ready to start again but I know the flashing process isn't perfect because sometimes my key click settings and date/time don't get reset when I flash.

cf card must be ok because I've used it for flashing.

Thanks,

Need any more info?

Chas
lardman
I think there was an issue with the local packages thing with the GUI package manager.

I'd use ipkg from the command line, and I'd also create a local feed to make it easier to install stuff (it'll then handle the deps for you automagically).

Si
charlie
SUCCESS

I considered setting up a local feed but it looked too complicated for my liitle brain and anyway I knew that it wasn't necessary because it was a new problem. I just had to get to where I was before.

I also knew because of all the flashing that I'd done it had to be something on a card that was picking up a setting.

So I deleted the file opiestorage.cf on the cf card and now everything is back to normal. aqpkg now picks up all the files on the cf without problem.

I'm particularly happy that now in some small way, this solution has contributed to the community rather than just taking, which is what I have done for the last 3 years.

It gives me a warm feeling inside.

Thanks,

Chas
antoniovf
please can you explain with more details how to install programs from the CF. How you download all the librarys, programs, how you configure the onf file, ipkg.conf, and how you execute comands to install programs, i cannt install any program at all...thanks you.
scheck.r
So I deleted the file opiestorage.cf on the cf card and now everything is back to normal. aqpkg now picks up all the files on the cf without problem.

Thank you so much. It saves me a lot of time
Snappy
QUOTE(scheck.r @ Aug 15 2005, 08:18 PM)

Thank you so much. It saves me a lot of time

oh goodie!! biggrin.gif ... solved my problem too! biggrin.gif thanks!!
lardman
please can you explain with more details how to install programs from the CF. How you download all the librarys, programs, how you configure the onf file, ipkg.conf, and how you execute comands to install programs, i cannt install any program at all...thanks you.

Do you have an internet connection working with your Z?

Si
antoniovf
Sorry, I didn't see that someone was traying to help me. I don't have internet conexion, If i would have a internet conection, I would use the standard configuration of ipkg.conf. Because of this I download all de packages of openzaurus 3.5.3 that I have in a compact flash. But I didn't manage to install any package.
lardman
Set up a local feed in ipkg.conf - it should have the same basic format as the ones in there but replace http:// with file// then the path. e.g. file:///mnt/cf/feed/

Also make sure you've downloaded the Packages/Packages.gz file and it's in the feed directory. You can obviously do multiple local feeds in the same way,

Si
antoniovf
Thank you very much lardman. This solution works in 3.5.2 and I tried a lot of times in 3.5.3 and didn't work. But I found the problem. Sometimes the Aqpg or the zaurus don't read well the content of the compact flash (is a 512 kingston). I was desperated because I inserted the compact flash and never works, but by chance one time i reboot the zaurus and then recognizes the content of the compact flash. I configured the ipkg.conf as you told me. I write this because it could be useful to someone if have the same problem. Thanks you.
lardman
Glad you got it fixed smile.gif

Si
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.