Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Out Of Ram
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
dukeinlondon
Just after getting my CF wifi card, I started installing some stuff (xmms) and blissfully forgot I didn't have the SD card in the slot. Installation proceeded in RAM, which ran out rapidly.

Now I'd like to remove all that but the problem is that it doesn't appear in the list of installed packages....

Do I need to reflash ?
lardman
RAM or ROM (aka internal flash)?

Si
dukeinlondon
RAM. No SD memory card and a wifi card in the CF slot....

And it's SL5500
lardman
You could perform a hard reset (pull battery) - that will clear the RAM (and RAM-disk) but leave everything else on the flash ok.

Note that a reboot will not clear the RAM-disk, it has to be a battery pull (or hit reset button).

Si
Pyrates
Say, why don't you just uninstall the packages by hand with "ipkg uninstall" and then reinstall them to the proper location?

Cheers
Philipp
craigtyson
Or use kTrove to "move" the app to SD.
dukeinlondon
Thanks for the suggestions. I removed some files from ram manually and then uninstalled some stuff using the package manager and then started reinstalling on the sd card.

Wish I had known about ktrove though....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.