Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zmacsync 2.0b1 - For Tiger Is Here
OESF Forums > General Forums > Desktop Operating Systems Issues > Mac Issues
dhns
Dear all,
waiting has an end - we are happy to present the first beta release of ZMacSync for Tiger. It was a lot of effort to understand the new SyncServices framework and make it working. Basically, we have completely rewritten ZMacSync 1.5.

To be honest, operation is not even complete. It is not really syncing but just copying records from the Mac to the Zaurus. But since this is already more than halfway useful for daily life (to have contacts, tasks and events being edited on the Mac and having them on the move on the Zaurus), we decided to start the beta phase with real syncing still disabled.

We think we could also simplify the user interface - and are now waiting for your feedbacks.

A more detailled description and download links can be found at:

http://www.dsitri.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=162 and http://www.dsitri.de/wiki.php?page=ZMacSync

As usual the package includes the USB driver, ZMacSync applications for the Zaurus and for the Mac and a 30 pages manual.

-- hns
daemon1
Woohoo!!!

Thanks for the hard work Nicholas!! smile.gif

out of curiosity... is there the possibility to sync ical with ko/pi on the z?
once way i was thinking was to publish ics files on a webdav server... but in reality, it would be like exporting the calendars and copying them accross over ssh..
samxiao
will test it today
wink.gif
lpetroni
Cool, this is really great news!
Although my SL5K is currently flashed with Sharp ROM v3.13 I would like to know if the ZMacSync (Tiger/Panther) do work with TKC ROMs?
samxiao
tested
works fine for iCal and Addressbook

but for iCal, only copy... not really sync Mac -> Z copy

if i make changes on Mac, and sync again, it WILL show the changes i made on Z
but not if i make changes on Z, and sync again, it will NOT shows the change i made on Mac

for Addressbook
it syncs for Mac -> Z
but if i make changes on Z, and sync again, it will NOT show the changes i made on Mac
however if i make changes on Mac, and sync again, it WILL show the changes on Z
d.maddock1
QUOTE(samxiao @ Jul 19 2005, 02:50 PM)
for Addressbook
it syncs for Mac -> Z

?? He says as much in his post.

1.5 was Mac->Z only (except Address Book) as well, but 2.0b1 does a much better job (does recurrence, group names, etc.). Plus it uses the new Tiger SyncServices so hopefully we'll see Z->Mac sync soon.

Dave.
samxiao
QUOTE(d.maddock1 @ Jul 19 2005, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE(samxiao @ Jul 19 2005, 02:50 PM)
for Addressbook
it syncs for Mac -> Z

?? He says as much in his post.

1.5 was Mac->Z only (except Address Book) as well, but 2.0b1 does a much better job (does recurrence, group names, etc.). Plus it uses the new Tiger SyncServices so hopefully we'll see Z->Mac sync soon.

Dave.

i knew that
but as a tester
i think i should say what i observed
right?
d.maddock1
QUOTE(lpetroni @ Jul 19 2005, 12:23 PM)
Cool, this is really great news!
Although my SL5K is currently flashed with Sharp ROM v3.13 I would like to know if the ZMacSync (Tiger/Panther) do work with TKC ROMs?

I've never tried this, but if you are using the Sharp PIM apps with the TKC rom you can probably get it to work. It most certainly won't sync with the TKC pim applications.

d.
dhns
Dear all,

if you have not yet recognized: there is a new beta (2.0b2):

http://www.dsitri.de/wiki.php?page=ZMacSync

What's new:
* restriction to dotted IP address removed, so you can now set the IP address to e.g. "zaurus.yourcompany.com"
* fixed a bug with unmounting. If there was a .DS Store file, it did result in final message "Failed"
* fixed a bug with weekly recurrence that made the Zaurus Calendar hang
* Manual updated
* AJZaurusUSB-0.3.1 included
* "Me" record now sets the Owner Information... on the Zaurus
* fixed a bug in handling of primary email address

Please note that it is still not a full bidirectional sync but just a copy from the Mac to the Zaurus (but that now works almost perfectly).

-- hns
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.