Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Restore C3100
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
ilgo
After unsuccessfully trying to install OpenBSD, and then using fdisk to return the microdrive to its original partition-scheme, proceeded to restore my 3100 to factory settings by using the OK/on procedure.
Well it never gets very far, there are some bsd specific files left, that are looking for A6 partions, i guess.

I don't have a NAND backup, any advice will be appreciated

Thanks
bam
QUOTE(ilgo @ Jul 17 2005, 03:23 PM)
After unsuccessfully trying to install OpenBSD, and then using fdisk to return the microdrive to its original partition-scheme, proceeded  to restore my 3100 to factory settings by using the OK/on procedure.
Well it never gets very far, there are some bsd specific files left, that are looking for A6 partions, i guess.

Thanks

can you access the backup restore utility? If yes then TriSoft has the complete restore for it. I know I asked for it smile.gif
ilgo
QUOTE(bam @ Jul 17 2005, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE(ilgo @ Jul 17 2005, 03:23 PM)
After unsuccessfully trying to install OpenBSD, and then using fdisk to return the microdrive to its original partition-scheme, proceeded  to restore my 3100 to factory settings by using the OK/on procedure.

Thanks

can you access the backup restore utility? If yes then TriSoft has the complete restore for it. I know I asked for it smile.gif

i did get that file from the TriSoft site, but when i use the Reset/Flash procedure with OK/on (that is from the BIOS, since i cannot boot into QTopia anymore) it will give me the following output:

"Restore failed , format Error"
bam
sounds like you need a nand backup to reflash your device, then a restore is possible.....I think.
ilgo
QUOTE(bam @ Jul 17 2005, 10:09 PM)
sounds like you need a nand backup to reflash your device, then a restore is possible.....I think.

I agree, but where would i be able to get a Nand- backup?
Oneiros
QUOTE(ilgo @ Jul 17 2005, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE(bam @ Jul 17 2005, 10:09 PM)

I agree, but where would i be able to get a Nand- backup?

Maybe you could try to ask to conics if they can put a NAND backup of the 3100 on their site, they already have the ones for all the other models.
ilgo
Maybe you could try to ask to conics if they can put a NAND backup of the 3100 on their site, they already have the ones for all the other models.

[/quote]

Good idea,
I send them a mail, hopefully they will load an 3100-Nand image up. Also searching this Forum, led me to another link (http://www.xlfag.com/zaurus/) for restoring the 3000 from scratch. Accidentially someone run into similar problems installing OpenBSD37.
I am waiting for an answer from pelon, if that How-To will also work for the 3100.
Traps
[quote=ilgo,Jul 18 2005, 07:40 AM]

[/quote]

Good idea,
I send them a mail, hopefully they will load an 3100-Nand image up. Also searching this Forum, led me to another link (http://www.xlfag.com/zaurus/) for restoring the 3000 from scratch. Accidentially someone run into similar problems installing OpenBSD37.
I am waiting for an answer from pelon, if that How-To will also work for the 3100.

[/quote]

Hi,
I did the same thing! Just waiting for my 5GB MD to turn up with a 3100 image on it.
I'll let you know how I get on. smile.gif

Traps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.