Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Zaurus Calender
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > User Request for Applications
raptorspike
I would love to see a Zaurus app that is a calender that can take its data from an iCal file. I want to switch to Mozilla Thunderbird/Sunbird, but there is no way to sync. if anyone has suggestions for ANY of these syncing with calender/to-do/address book, that would be great!
daniel3000
QUOTE(raptorspike @ Jul 20 2005, 05:02 AM)
I would love to see a Zaurus app that is a calender that can take its data from an iCal file. I want to switch to Mozilla Thunderbird/Sunbird, but there is no way to sync. if anyone has suggestions for ANY of these syncing with calender/to-do/address book, that would be great!

Have you had a look at the KDEPIM/PI apps? KO/PI is a calendar which can use iCal data. Syncing with Mozilla Thunderbird should not be a big issue using KO/PI.

It's really the best calendar applicatoin which I have ever seen (not only on the Zaurus).

daniel
raptorspike
QUOTE(daniel3000 @ Jul 19 2005, 11:31 PM)
Have you had a look at the KDEPIM/PI apps? KO/PI is a calendar which can use iCal data. Syncing with Mozilla Thunderbird should not be a big issue using KO/PI.

It's really the best calendar applicatoin which I have ever seen (not only on the Zaurus).

daniel

But how would one go about syncing those calenders? I am not as tech savvy as some on this board. I know quite a bit, but not CS-degree knowledge
daniel3000
QUOTE(raptorspike @ Jul 20 2005, 03:02 PM)
But how would one go about syncing those calenders? I am not as tech savvy as some on this board. I know quite a bit, but not CS-degree knowledge

There are many ways to sync KO/PI with other calendars, for example simply sharing the ressource file (ICS), so if the other calendar uses the ics format, you can simply "share" the ressource file.

I'm not into the details either, but for an overview look at
http://www.pi-sync.net/html/documentation.html

and for detailed syncing info look here:
http://www.pi-sync.net/html/sync_howto.html

daniel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.