Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is The Sharp Camera The Only One That Will ....
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
samac
Hi all

Just wondering.

Can you use a Pretec Compact Camera or the HP Jornada Compact Camera with the Zaurus?

I would like to find out before I part with my not very hard earned pennies, after all curiousity killed the cat, but it didn't make him spend any money first.

Samac
Mickeyl
QUOTE(samac @ Jul 21 2005, 02:36 PM)
Can you use a Pretec Compact Camera or the HP Jornada Compact Camera with the Zaurus?

No - there are no linux drivers for these devices.
samac
OK Many thanks.

Samac
lpotter
I have gotten a compaq web cam running on a c3000 running qtopia 2.1, but had to reconfigure/recompile the kernel to do so. The camera app on a Sharp rom only works with Sharps cf camera.
samac
QUOTE(lpotter @ Jul 23 2005, 06:10 AM)
I have gotten a compaq web cam running on a c3000 running qtopia 2.1, but had to reconfigure/recompile the kernel to do so. The camera app on a Sharp rom only works with Sharps cf camera.

Is that web cab in the CF slot.

Samac
koen
QUOTE(Mickeyl @ Jul 22 2005, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE(samac @ Jul 21 2005, 02:36 PM)

No - there are no linux drivers for these devices.

There are drivers for pretec cams, see the handhelds.org frontpage news archive
samac
Many thanks, I will keep these in mind, however they say that they only work partially.

Samac
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.