QUOTE(koen @ Jul 27 2005, 08:19 AM)
Que? Bugtrackers are meant for that. How should I (or any developer) know about every forum in the world, where people *might* be posting bugs? I'm not against people discussing bugs and solutions on forums, but it seems that this
forum has a reputation of not using bugtrackers and whining about stuff not getting fixed. I've heard several times 'this is such an obvious bug, I'm not going to submit it' and discovering that the bug is unknown to the maintainer in question. Even worse, everytime someone mentions 'bugzilla' or 'mailinglist' he (or she) gets snide remarks about forums being the absolute solution and developers are obliged
to check the forums. I certainly didn't sign any contract stating those terms. But then again, I don't bite the hand that feeds me either, as you just did.
1. First of all there is no need to check every form on the world, this is THE forum for zaurus developement.
2. I never meant that forums are a absolute solution, i just mentioned that just because a user posts about a bug he/she has encountered to the forums, there is no need for you to blow a gasket and start lambasting the poor person as you have done repeatedly and consistently in the past. Gentoo forums are a example where bug reports are frequently discussed, and it is tolerated. POssibly there are more mature developers on those forums.
3. I didnt mean obliged in the sense as a contractual obligation (english is not my first language, so there maybe errors in my wording), we all do this for fun and not for profit, to take pride in what we are doing, so we as developers should be happy whenever a user has a problem and try to help him, instead of foul mouthing him. Otherwise OZ will forever remain a geeks tool, because every newbie gets foul mouthed off the list by you, just see the response most of the people who get blamed by you give, they are understandably confused and hurt, and you are possibly doing more harm than the considerable amount of good work you have done.
4. You seem to like to continue to show your swollen headedness, I did not "bite the hand that feeds me". I have a several choices, i can use the sharp rom, i can use pocket workstation (as i am doing), i can use the excellent pdaxrom, i can use the excellent qtopia beta rom, so just dont imagine that you are the only "hand that is feeding me" :-)
5. If you cant control your attitude, then just keep quiet stick to developement, and let other people who are more curteous tell the people with problems what to do in a nice curteous manner.