Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Treeline
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Chero
Hi,

I was looking for a good outliner, and found a lot of posts/sites talking about Treeline.

I gave it a shot, and it works on pdaX :

Click to view attachment

Chero.
waalkman
Got a link?

I found the one for the 5500, but it says it's for Sharp Roms only.
phillvs
QUOTE(Chero @ Jul 25 2005, 02:02 PM)
Hi,

I was looking for a good outliner, and found a lot of posts/sites talking about Treeline.

I gave it a shot, and it works on pdaX :

Click to view attachment

Chero.

I tried on my C860 running pdaXrom and got errors on installing. Firstly it seems to be written in python and requires the python package installed. Secondly, however, it requires PyQt which is not available as a pakage so I don't know where to go from here. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.
Phill.
Chero
The code is over here.

It needs Qt, Python, PyQt and an XML-parser.

Qt, Python, and an XML-parser are in the feed.

PyQt is available :
PyQt 3.9

It needs sip (which is in the same feed).

Extract all files from the tarball, cd TreeLine and then "# ./install.py" does the trick.

Chero.
waalkman
[quote=Chero,Jul 26 2005, 12:08 AM]
The code is over here./quote]

Thanks! smile.gif
scheck.r
It's great, it's my first compiled program

what can I uninstall now ?

qt-mt, Python, PyQt, XML-parser, PyQt, sip, the treeline untaredball ?

Many thanks Chero
ThirtyOne
I use TuxCards and I like it. It is different than TreeLine because it is more free-form.

It depends what you need.
Chero
QUOTE(ThirtyOne @ Aug 10 2005, 06:16 PM)
I use TuxCards and I like it.  It is different than TreeLine because it is more free-form.

It depends what you need.

In fact : so do I. (it was the first program I ever compiled on linux)
ThirtyOne
I should say thank you!
scheck.r
I use TuxCards and I like it. It is different than TreeLine because it is more free-form.

I have just discovered Tuxcards right now. It's great, especially the fact that you can Cut and Paste from any external application to Tuxcards. Really Nice

I am still wondering if I need to let qt-mt, Python, PyQt, XML-parser, PyQt, sip, the treeline untaredball in order to use Treeline.

Thank you.
Chero
QUOTE(scheck.r @ Aug 11 2005, 01:02 PM)

I have just discovered Tuxcards right now. It's great, especially the fact that you can Cut and Paste from any external application to Tuxcards. Really Nice

I am still wondering if I need to let qt-mt, Python, PyQt, XML-parser, PyQt, sip, the treeline untaredball in order to use Treeline.

Thank you.

The treeline untaredball can be deleted.
I don't know about the rest.
Maybe try removing one, try running treeline : if everything works, it's OK, otherwise : put it back. On the other hand, I think they all have to stay (not sure about sip and qt-mt).

Chero.
scheck.r
You are right Chero, I tried what you suggested and in order for Treeline to run, all programs installed for compiling have to stay. (except the untaredball)

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.