i think its a good idea to write down my experiences with this rom.
first i have to say that i tested pdaXrom for more than 4 weeks.
the main reason to come back to the stock rom is time. it takes
some time to get things to work with this rom. certainly as a side effect
one learns a lot of new things. the rom recognizes the installed progs
on a card. so i did a copy of it and a nand backup to get back to the
state i leaved. okay, here are some points i dont like:
1) my z didnt wake up after a suspend, compare forum thread...
this happened about 7 times. i had to take out the battery, plug in
the charger and so on. this is not good if you are away from your
charger. one time i had to reflash.
2) system (X) crashes nearly every second time after exiting the wm
(matchbox/xfce4). exiting from landscape mode workes without problems, why?
3) similiar to 2) suspending works only every second time. it seems to be a light
issue and the solution "tapping the screen" lead me sometimes to further crashes.
rotating the screen and suspending worked much better.
4) the time problem after reboots...
5) the annoying warnings while booting "inode...". i think (but i am not sure)
that this is the reason why sometimes library files or symbolic links (for instance
for xpdf) are missing. reinstall the application...
i dont want to list the things i like. there are a lot of them (!) and i am sure that i will
return to this rom until the next release..