Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Is Kopiemail Not In The Oz Feed
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
griesie
Hi,

because I liked kopiemail on with the Sharprom very much, i just wondered why it isn't in the OZ feed, although the other KDE/Pi applications are?

Im missing a functionality to just download my mail from pop to a local folder in opiemail.

Thanx
griesie
Hrw
Because I don't want to waste time to find a way to build it in OE - it has too many libs in own versions.

patches welcome ofcourse
griesie
Hi,

OK, I understand the reason then, but this brings me to the next question.

Is there a solution for my problem to download my mail via pop to local folders and not reading it online?
The solution on my Linux box is to use fetchmail and a local MTA, but this seems a little bit overdone to me on the Z. Can Opiemail cope with local mailfolders?

Thanx again,

griesie
acpkendo
I use the upstream versions of KDE PIM-PI expressly because I want to use KOpieMail. I can understand hrw's point, but on the other hand it doesn't do me much good to have a mail client ("standard" opiemail) that doesn't fetch addresses from the addressbook (KA/Pi).

FWIW, the versions of KDE PIM-PI directly from the project work fine for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.