Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rc14 C-1000 - No Space Left On Device
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
mobilemike
Does anybody have any recommendations in order to free up some space on a C1000? I have the RC14 and I have only installed gaim and gimp (I think I started off with 14 MB after to flash).

When I installed gimp it brought my available space left to 0. My wireless card is not working anymore (Ambicom CF).

I sent the command 'cardctl scheme "Wireless-Name" ' and it could not set the scheme. '.: No space left on device'. I tried to uninstall gaim but it did not work with 'ipkg remove gaim'. Any ideas or suggestions to "free" up some space. The free command says I have 15660 free. Can I transfer some programs to an SD card or move to another location in the memory?
scheck.r
Hi,

I installed everything on /mnt/user and everything works:
Gimp(though I have a crash while opening a file), gnumeric, kde-pim 2.0.14, Treeline, Rox, gpe-edit, mplayer, python, ...
If it matters I copied the pdaxrom feed on my CF card and install everything from it
mobilemike
QUOTE(scheck.r @ Aug 10 2005, 02:58 PM)
Hi,

I installed everything on /mnt/user and everything works:
Gimp(though I have a crash while opening a file), gnumeric, kde-pim 2.0.14, Treeline, Rox, gpe-edit, mplayer, python, ...
If it matters I copied the pdaxrom feed on my CF card and install everything from it

Thanks, I'll do that in the future.

Do you know how to remove a package directly in the Package Manager? I think I am missing something (probably simple).

I tried to remove gimp so I can reinstall on the cf but it says that it can not find it on the cf? I assume when I hit the 'sprocket' button on the gui and the 'install on /0KB' is selected that I am trying to remove the package from the memory. I tried the ipkg remove gimp but it did not work.
scheck.r
To remove a package,
- I check the desired package in the installed list
- click on the 3rd Icon from the up-left corner
- it asks me OK or Cancel ?
- click OK
- look at the Log tab to see what happens and usually it works

BUT it seems that it doesn't remove everything as I don't recover a lot of free space after removing big packages.

I never tried with Gaim and never installed to CF/SD

I am just starting using PdaXrom so I am not an expert.
mobilemike
QUOTE(scheck.r @ Aug 11 2005, 06:55 AM)
To remove a package,
- I check the desired package in the installed list
- click on the 3rd Icon from the up-left corner
- it asks me OK or Cancel ?
- click OK
- look at the Log tab to see what happens and usually it works

BUT it seems that it doesn't remove everything as I don't recover a lot of free space after removing big packages.

I never tried with Gaim and never installed to CF/SD

I am just starting using PdaXrom so I am not an expert.

Thanks. That is what I have been doing. Maybe there is an issue with removing gimp from the z. I'll keep on trying and update with my success.

I appreciate all the help as I am a pdaXrom novice. But, I really do like the rom even though there are a few minor quirks which will eventually get figured out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.