I recently got a Zaurus SL-5600 and I want to install OpenZaurus. I believe that I've downloaded and installed everything correctly, but I haven't been able to get the Z to successfully boot into OpenZaurus at all. The only thing that I can figure is that the files I installed weren't downloaded properly, but all the checksums are correct.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Here's what I've done:
1. I downloaded everything from: http://openzaurus.org/official/unstable/3.5.3/sl5600/
2. Renamed "gpe-image-poodle-20050409140246.rootfs.jffs2.bin" to "zImage"
3. Renamed "bootstrap-image-poodle-20050409140246.rootfs.jffs2.bin" to "initrd.bin"
4. I left "updater.sh" as is
5. Copied these three to an SD card (I checked and it's all in /mnt/card)
6. Reset and enter Maintenance Menu
7. In the Maintenance Menu, clicked "Update"
8. Clicked "SD" for SD card
9. Clicked "Yes"
10. Reset and then pressed Cancel/On/Off button
11. Sharp startup screen came up and I waited for it to install. Z reports "Success!" and finally says "Please reset"
12. Reset, and nothing happens
13. Push Cancel/On/Off button and nothing happens (the battery light turns off but that's it)
14. So I restore the Z from a ROM backup and I'm back where I started.