Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is This Live Cd Any Use?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
omro
Hi All,

Saw a link to this from another site. Was wondering if this would help people compile for pdaXrom, it mentions a lot of compilers.
sashz
Hello, you may use pdaXrom for x86 for developing, but need build all cross tools yourself, as in manual for pdaXrom-builder users. Or just wait few days when i upload new pdaX86 for application developers (with precompiled SDK).

QUOTE(omro @ Aug 26 2005, 12:36 AM)
Hi All,

Saw a link to this from another site. Was wondering if this would help people compile for pdaXrom, it mentions a lot of compilers.
omro
QUOTE(sashz @ Aug 26 2005, 01:08 AM)
Hello, you may use pdaXrom for x86 for developing, but need build all cross tools yourself, as in manual for pdaXrom-builder users. Or just wait few days when i upload new pdaX86 for application developers (with precompiled SDK).

And this will allow people to use their desktop to easily compile for the Zaurus?
sashz
it work with qemu or vmware emulators if you unlike running it on pc natively smile.gif
omro
QUOTE(sashz @ Aug 26 2005, 01:58 AM)
it work with qemu or vmware emulators if you unlike running it on pc natively smile.gif

Isn't it a liveCD then? Isn't the point that you can use it without having to install it?

I'm just curious to know if it will allow you to run it on your PC, whatever way you decide to run it, and from that point it'll be possible to write an easy how-to to explain to people how to use it to compile applications for their Z using it.
sashz
QUOTE(omro @ Aug 26 2005, 02:05 AM)
QUOTE(sashz @ Aug 26 2005, 01:58 AM)

Isn't it a liveCD then? Isn't the point that you can use it without having to install it?

I'm just curious to know if it will allow you to run it on your PC, whatever way you decide to run it, and from that point it'll be possible to write an easy how-to to explain to people how to use it to compile applications for their Z using it.

http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=PdaXrom:_pdaXrom-builder
omro
QUOTE(sashz @ Aug 26 2005, 02:14 AM)

I don't know about you, but after even just skimming that, the desire to get involved in compiling my own applications just drained away. :-(

However, that said, looking down further, isn't that link talking about building the whole of pdaXrom? I'm talking about compiling *applications* for use on the Zaurus.
jh
QUOTE(omro @ Aug 26 2005, 02:05 AM)

Isn't what you're looking for here on the pdaxrom site?? I've used the sdk just fine for compiling apps. I prefer this to a livecd since you might need to install extra libraries in order to get some apps to compile. That doesn't work well with a read-only livecd.

jason
omro
QUOTE(jh @ Aug 26 2005, 06:51 AM)
Isn't what you're looking for here on the pdaxrom site??  I've used the sdk just fine for compiling apps.  I prefer this to a livecd since you might need to install extra libraries in order to get some apps to compile.  That doesn't work well with a read-only livecd.

jason

I've seen that, thanks though

I was under the impression there was going to be a liveCD with the sdk built in, or am I wrong?
sashz
cross SDK must work on any x86 linux-like OS.
LiveCD was developed for pdaXrom demonstration on PC and core development - as host system for pdaXrom-builder. Currently i prepare new liveCD for end users with preinstalled crossSDK for easy pdaXrom development on any x86 PC or with the emulator.
miskinis
QUOTE(sashz @ Aug 27 2005, 05:29 AM)
Currently i prepare new liveCD for end users with preinstalled crossSDK for easy pdaXrom development on any x86 PC or with the emulator.

Hi,

Do you think this live CD will be available in the next couple days? I would
very much like to get started, building just the kernel first, so I can look into
bug #286 (no mic support on SL-6000) myself, and perhaps with some friends
this weekend.

Many thanks for any status updates, etc..

John Miskinis
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.