Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help- Kapm-idled 98% Cpu
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
erikqwerty
Hi! I ran to to check for problems, and I got this result.

Is this normal? Almost 100% CPU cannot be a good thing. What is it? Can I safely kill it?Is kill -9 safe?

PID USER STATUS RSS PPID CPU MEM COMMAND
3 root RWN 0 1 98.0 0.0 kapm-idled
(Rest ommited)

Thanks!
gen2
QUOTE(erikqwerty @ Aug 27 2005, 10:31 PM)
Is this normal? Almost 100% CPU cannot be a good thing. What is it? Can I safely kill it?Is kill -9 safe?

iirc, you'd want to leave that alone. It's just telling what percentage of CPU is idle; safe to ignore it.
erikqwerty
Thanks! Didn't expect it to be unused %. My desktop doesn't do that....

Thanks again!
donallen
When you submit a bug report, you receive an email with a link. The email tells you that clicking the link will allow you to edit your bug report. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to edit a bug report. I would appreciate someone explaining this, even if it's embarrassingly obvious.

Thanks!
Zumi
QUOTE(donallen @ Jan 5 2006, 03:30 AM)
When you submit a bug report, you receive an email with a link. The email tells you that clicking the link will allow you to edit your bug report. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to edit a bug report. I would appreciate someone explaining this, even if it's embarrassingly obvious.

Thanks!

I rembered that something was wrong with it when I tried to use it and now I asked Laze and he said that it's broken. So the error is not in your device.

Zumi smile.gif
DrWowe
QUOTE(erikqwerty @ Aug 27 2005, 04:31 PM)
Is this normal? Almost 100% CPU cannot be a good thing. What is it? Can I safely kill it?

As others have said, it's perfectly normal. Just to clarify, it's also completely accurate, the processes is using almost 100% of the CPU. What it's doing is putting into a special low-power sleep state.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.