Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Streamtuner Anyone?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
erikqwerty
Anyone got streamtuner working on the zaurus? I use it all the time on my desktop for radio. It would be sweet on the zaurus!

I use it with XMMS on the PC, and that works great on PdaX, XFCE has multiple desktops, so clutter isn't an issue, and it is much smaller than OOO, 1MB Source package.

Dependencies from site
Dependency M/O Required by

GTK+ 2.4.0 - mandatory - core
libcurl 7.10.8 - mandatory - core
libxml2 2.0 - optional - Xiph plugin
TagLib 1.2 - optional - local metadata support
Python 2.3 - optional - Python plugin
PyGTK 2.4.0 - optional - Python plugin

Sounds doable to me, but I don't know anything about compiling/packaging/porting for PDAX or Z in general. sad.gif

Point me to recources to learn, and I would try to get it running, as I myself want it. I would of cource share if it worked good enough.

Thanks!!
ken
QUOTE(erikqwerty @ Aug 27 2005, 03:25 PM)
Anyone got streamtuner working on the zaurus? I use it all the time on my desktop for radio. It would be sweet on the zaurus!

shrug. I just use mplayer + kino2 for that
adf
there are on-board compiling tols for pdax... look them up, read what you find (it is pretty staightforward--and I'd include a link if I remembere where it was) most of the stuff on you list is in the feed... If you don't mind skipping a few optional bits, It sounds as though it would just compile.
adf
for shoutcast type stuff? firefox and vlc works fine.
erikqwerty
QUOTE(adf @ Aug 28 2005, 04:27 AM)
for shoutcast type stuff?  firefox and vlc works fine.

But that is more cluttered. Ths is much simpler.

I amlooking stuff up, Some of this termenology is plain wierd for a newbie. Dogs?? Lol.

BTW, I have a c860. I WILL get this to work.

Thanks!
adf
QUOTE(erikqwerty @ Aug 29 2005, 01:14 AM)
QUOTE(adf @ Aug 28 2005, 04:27 AM)
for shoutcast type stuff?  firefox and vlc works fine.

But that is more cluttered. Ths is much simpler.

then I look forward to it. it is the sort of thing i would use.
erikqwerty
A screenie of it on my desktop. Click on the station, XMMS plays it. No ads!

http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=streamtuner0nq.png

Still reading. smile.gif
erikqwerty
The SDK seems pretty simple. To get streamtuner on the Z, I just need to get libcurl. I searched, but didn't find anything about it in regards to the Z. I will have to start by getting libcurl to run.
Chero
QUOTE(erikqwerty @ Aug 29 2005, 04:04 AM)
The SDK seems pretty simple. To get streamtuner on the Z, I just need to get libcurl. I searched, but didn't find anything about it in regards to the Z. I will have to start by getting libcurl to run.

"curl_7.12.2-1" is in the feed, I think this is what you need.

Chero
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.