QUOTE(lardman @ Aug 29 2005, 01:49 PM)
I've just thought to check the other posts about libc and it seems that updating to 2.3.x breaks alot of other apps since pdaxrom was compiled with the old libc.
I don't think it's because it's incompatible, but rather that as everything is linked to libc, moving/replacing it using any commands (like mv, cp) which are linked to it can be problematic.
I've been running on of the (g)libc6-ipkgs and everything worked just fine.
The only problem was "libpthread" what caused a problem in OpenOffice. All the other apps I've tried were just fine (I tried firefox, Kopi, kapi, abiword and settings-apps right after installing). I've only been running it for a few days cause i've been trying to create a version with a full libpthread (without succes so far)
More on this is in the openoffice thread.