Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Couple Hentges/oz Questions
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
xamindar
Ok, I'm using the Hentges rom for my poodle andso far I love it. But there are a very small couple of things I can't figure out on my own.

On the home screen, how can I have the screen scroll as I move the slider and not just after I let it go? Then I wouldn't have to "guess" where to stop when I want to get to a certain program. This is of course only an issue if I have a LOT of programs in the tab. I can't find a configuration option for it. (As an example of what I mean, go into Launcher config, then Tabs, click on "edit" and then move the slider in the Preview section up and down. Things slide in real time, how do I get it to do that on the home screen?)

That leads on to my second question. I am not able to create any new program tabs. In the Launcher configuration the NEW and DELETE buttons are inactive.

How do I change the background image?

And finally, how do I log in via ssh? root login is disabled in the config which is understandable but then which username do I use and what password?

That last one is probably Hentges specific. Can anyone help me with these problems or point me in the right direction? Thanks
lardman
On the home screen, how can I have the screen scroll as I move the slider and not just after I let it go? Then I wouldn't have to "guess" where to stop when I want to get to a certain program. This is of course only an issue if I have a LOT of programs in the tab. I can't find a configuration option for it. (As an example of what I mean, go into Launcher config, then Tabs, click on "edit" and then move the slider in the Preview section up and down. Things slide in real time, how do I get it to do that on the home screen?)

Interesting, afaicr it always used to scroll in real time. I wonder if someone changed something?

In Launcher.

And finally, how do I log in via ssh? root login is disabled in the config which is understandable but then which username do I use and what password?

It's not that root login is disabled (afaik), just that you can't login with no password, set; therefore set a password for your user (which is root as you're using Opie) and try that.

Si
Mickeyl
QUOTE(lardman @ Sep 2 2005, 03:33 PM)

Interesting, afaicr it always used to scroll in real time. I wonder if someone changed something?

Guilty as charged biggrin.gif In order to make the (customizable) launcher feature "use static background picture" not flicker, I had to disable real time scroll. You can disable this feature if you like to revert to the previous behaviour.
xamindar
QUOTE(Mickeyl @ Sep 2 2005, 03:56 PM)
Guilty as charged biggrin.gif In order to make the (customizable) launcher feature "use static background picture" not flicker, I had to disable real time scroll. You can disable this feature if you like to revert to the previous behaviour.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(lardman @ Sep 2 2005, 03:33 PM)

In Launcher.

Oh, looking more deeply I found it, Thanks.
You were right, root login for ssh wasn't disabled, I just assumed it was because "Allowrootlogin yes" was comented. Changing the password did it, thanks.

Now the one remaining question, how do I create new application tabs? The options appear to be dissabled.
lardman
You could manually edit the directories and their contents in ~/Applications (iirc)

Si
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.