QUOTE(icruise @ Sep 11 2005, 06:10 PM)
I just noticed that if I suspend the Zaurus, the microdrive sometimes reappears. Could this have something to do with the suspend/resume scripts I installed with the bluetooth packages?
Edit: Hmm. It seems that I may have been accidentally causing this myself when trying to eject the bluetooth card in the terminal, although I didn't make the connection until now. It seems that using "cardctl eject" is ejecting my internal microdrive. That's not normal, is it?
No it's not normal for eject to dump the microdrive. I never had this problem until tonight. I had gotten my Rev. G card working just fine until (of course....) I decided to try and get my Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard working (which I did manage to get working by the way) using the latest Tetsu kernel (his site seems to be down right now) which is v18b for the C3100.
I installed the kernel, the modules, and I installed the latest bluez and a modified hidp from:http://gypsyblue.ddo.jp/cgi-bin/fswiki/wiki.cgi
which did technically work... after I manually did the ol'
hciattach /dev/ttyS3 bcsp 230400
then I was able to get my card working. Connected to internet via my Nokia 6230 with EDGE and everything. The keyboard worked nice too, though I need to mess around with keyhelper more.
Oh, and you'll want to use http://odn.excite.co.jp/world/url
to translate that page into english. Yes, that web page is in Japanese but it works, just type the url you want into the box, select the second radio button and hit the submit button with the japanese writing on it that I can't read and you'll be fine
BUT... somehow, somewhere... while I was fighting with trying to get the card to resume correctly, (and I never typed cardctl eject 1, EVER) the hard drive disappeared!
dmesg talked about being unable to read the partition on hda which made me feel very sad inside since normally that looks like something wrong with the hard drive.
Well I tried various things and I was able to get the card to show up via cardctl again but the drive wouldn't mount automatically like it should.
mount -a -t nonfs
which is what the rc scripts do and nothing happened.
Then I thought... since nothing else is working with any sort of sanity, let me pop in my 4gb microdrive into the external CF slot and see what happens.
I did. And it showed up ok, but cardctl showed 'No card' for socket 1 which is the internal microdrive. That ticked me off. So I cardctl insert'ed it and it was there. Then I suspended and resumed... and how interesting... /dev/hda was back! ARGH I hate it when things don't make sense
Just thought I'd add some more stuff to the mix. I hope you're not still having the same problems.