Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photos Of The C3k Disassembled
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 Hardware
akpoff
I've posted photos of my C3k as I took it apart a while back. I've finally moved the project from back burner to fully baked. With all the good discussions going on about hardware mods it seemed like a good time to post them. smile.gif

I've posted two albums. The first is a series of images and (some) stepwise instructions for dissassembling the C3k.

The second gallery is a series of close-up shots of the motherboard. I tried to capture every part of the motherboard, front and back, to give hardware hackers a quick reference to the C3k without having to open their Z every other day. To that end I've erred on the side of brightening and extra sharpening. If any of the images are hard to use, let me know. I have the originals and can either post a new one with different adjustments, or really blow one up. At the time I wasn't in the mood to tear apart the LCD. If the need arises I may tackle that next.

The images are released under a Creative Commons license for non-commercial use. Feel free to pull them down local or mirror them.

Aaron
Da_Blitz
i think its a good idea to start documenting anything we find on the board, there are a lot of test points that could be handy and sockets that are unused for example the u shapped fan of pins under the microdrive or the cluster of 9 square pads.

this infomation could be handy for upgrading the memorey/flash or to add bluetooth. i should really break out the ossciloscope

will post links to parts soon (i have a japanesse site that details the infomation)
someonehoi
QUOTE(Da_Blitz @ Sep 18 2005, 10:58 AM)
i think its a good idea to start documenting anything we find on the board, there are a lot of test points that could be handy and sockets that are unused for example the u shapped fan of pins under the microdrive or the cluster of 9 square pads.

this infomation could be handy for upgrading the memorey/flash or to add bluetooth. i should really break out the ossciloscope

will post links to parts soon (i have a japanesse site that details the infomation)

i have decomposed the LCD parts.
Beware that the LCD's "flat cables" are very soft and quite hard to replug them.
Da_Blitz
have to agree with you there, broke a tab off the side of one of the connectors sad.gif but it still works. did you get pictures?
speculatrix
QUOTE(akpoff @ Sep 17 2005, 07:02 PM)
I've posted two albums.  The first is a series of images and (some) stepwise instructions for dissassembling the C3k.

website seems to have disappeared sad.gif
akpoff
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Sep 28 2005, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE(akpoff @ Sep 17 2005, 07:02 PM)
I've posted two albums.  The first is a series of images and (some) stepwise instructions for dissassembling the C3k.

website seems to have disappeared sad.gif

Can you try it again? I just hit it from home and it worked fine. Email or PM me if you're still having troubles hitting it.

Thanks,

Aaron
speculatrix
it's fine now.. excellent and very interesting photos. When you see it all dismantled, you realise there's a lot of stuff packed into a tiny space!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.