Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gant Theme In Progress
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Themes, Icons, and Backgrounds
bam

let me know any thought suggestions etc......and if you find anything interesting to add,
still looking for tabs(how to modify them.
Cresho
did you manage to change the icons for the zoomed option? on the regular gant, when i go to home and hit zoom, i get the small icons but browsing the regular file browser i see the small folder which looks like the defaults. those are under pics and not the pics144 folder.

how about an umicons theme instead? smile.gif

other than that, i like it
bam
yes, thats what your seeing above, I think, they were in pics folder, believe it or not... smile.gif

wait the folders dont match in zoomed/nonzoomed, easy fix
bam
*fixed, added scrollbar background and adjusted ok/question/close titlebar icons(more center now) reversed button pushed and not pushed, changed color of mini button. Will post one screenshot later when I am happy with it.Maybe put a border around the titlebar....what do you think? Any ideas?
Cresho
the colors look ugly from the regular pc but it looks good on the zaurus.

something i hate about the zaurus is that i cant figure out were the values are placed to reduce the contrast. It is too high on the zaurus or the sharpscreen is too efficient but they forgot to give us contrast control.

it looks good when i view the pics from my zaurus and not from the pc.

on a different note, i purchased a sharp 19 inch flatscreen. Does the same as what the zaurus does but..........i have contrast contro. Man it is super! no other monitor i seen does it as good as sharp.
bam
now you see that, stylus input dealie next to the house(go.png) where is that? I havent been able to find it and its ugly as all get out.
bam
QUOTE(Cresho @ Sep 18 2005, 12:17 PM)
did you manage to change the icons for the zoomed option?  on the regular gant, when i go to home and hit zoom, i get the small icons but browsing the regular file browser i see the small folder which looks like the defaults.  those are under pics and not the pics144 folder.

how about an umicons theme instead?    smile.gif

other than that, i like it

I can do umicons, actually I am going to do just a few more thing to this then I will fool around with umicons, I downloaded all 4 sets from deviantart, should be able to change quite a few things, maybe some wood grain folders and whatnot.
Cresho
the stylus thingy is...in

\opt\QtPalmtop\plugins\inputmethods\

the files are not bmp or png or jpeg. In fact, i have no clue as to where to change the look. the image itself can be embedded in the file itself or...........put somewere else which i tried looking already.

if you didnt install this file "mcconvert_0.1a_arm", then you can edit the regular one under pic144 and man............. i never gone around looking into were to change the look in the mmc convert.

so that is the reason why we cannot change the look.

ill look into this further later on since i have a test tom0orrow.

hey...if you want to try, you can have the old keypick by uninstalling the mmconvert file. it restores your zaurus keypick. then you can see the modified keyboard i had put in it but.......it doesnt fit the image since i screwed up. i left it alone for another time. i added shadow to some of the pictures as we.. you will notice it when you see one.

i was going to leave this alone until i reached gant version 2.0 which in 2, the tabs are changed.

you can remove the mmc convert file and just run it as is but if you want the english stuff, you need to modify a file.

home/zaurus/settings/local.conf

change ja to en and you have english but of course you need to uninstall the old mmc convert first.
bam
they really handled the themeing design really bad in the z, at least the sl-c series, hope they did a better job on the previous series, and future ones as well
Jacknife
QUOTE(Cresho @ Sep 18 2005, 08:14 PM)
\opt\QtPalmtop\plugins\inputmethods\

the files are not bmp or png or jpeg.  In fact, i have no clue as to where to change the look.  the image itself can be embedded in the file itself or...........put somewere else which i tried looking already.
There are two types of files within the directory specified above on my Cacko 1.23b1 build. The *.cf files are simple text configuration files, and *.so* are gcc compiled library files containing various resources/instructions/icons for the specified modes.
Cresho
you are correct. I did a previous search for .so extension and i really couldnt find any information on it. So i guess i need a GCC Decompiler? I'm pretty much a newbie linux user but am learning a few things at least. Thanks for the headsup jacknife

Originaly, the png file can be easily edited within the pc144. The mmcconvert substitutes and backs up the original files. by uninstalling the mmcconvert, changing the keyboard image or the pickboard would be a snap. and also to change the jap into en under local.conf file is necessery to read in english.

I don't think it is necessery to reinvent the wheel in this case. I'm just going to impliment the icons in the png and leave the mmcconvert files alone.

ill change my focus now on the tabs.
Jacknife
QUOTE(Cresho @ Sep 20 2005, 03:35 AM)
So i guess i need a GCC Decompiler?
Possibly, but unless you know assembly it probably wouldn't be worth the effort. OTO, I did find a link to the source code to some of Sharp's "ROM"s and posted it in an earlier thread. For instance, the source code for the SL-C3000 Sharp ROM may be obtained via the following link.

I've downloaded the archive, but haven't played with it enough to tell you the names of the files that would interest you. Anyway it's probably worth a look - even though it's 29Mb bzip2 compressed and 170Mb as a tarball. ohmy.gif

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that you have an SL-C1000. You'd be interested in this file. Enjoy!
bam
ok its released over at my site/blogger, let me know if there are any problems, its my first ipk, followed some instructions I found. Again make a backup before doing anything.
malik
hello folks,

i like this theme very much. is it possible to transfer it to the sharp rom of
the tosa? what i have to do? thanx...

malik
bam
not sure what tosa is?
malik
QUOTE(bam @ Sep 23 2005, 07:03 PM)
not sure what tosa is?

hello out there,

tosa=SL-6000 model. the themes and icons from zaurusthemes.org seem
to be for the sl-5500 and C-xxxx models resp. for their roms...

malik
bam
dont know the file structure, so wont do anything for it yet, although I am looking into purchasing a tablet style zaurus, may just get one.
Cresho
hey malik...

do younwant to beta test the stuff? do me a favor and do

1. in wallpaper, add as background the wallpapers i have under cxxxx portrait and land scape. then post the results and emai
me 2 screenshots in portrait and landscape. reason is i know they work different for the sl6000.

then backup your z completly and try the os linux and take a screenshot portrait and landscape mode.

email me results of all screenshots cresho@earthlink.net

report any problems to my email as well.
malik
QUOTE(Cresho @ Sep 27 2005, 09:13 PM)
hey malik...

do younwant to beta test the stuff?  do me a favor and do

1.  in wallpaper, add as background the wallpapers i have under cxxxx portrait and land scape.  then post the results and emai
me 2 screenshots in portrait and landscape.  reason is i know they work different for the sl6000.

then backup your z completly and try the os linux and take a screenshot portrait and landscape mode.

email me results of all screenshots cresho@earthlink.net

report any problems to my email as well.

hello creshno,

first of all i will backup my z:-) then i will download the two themes for the cxxxx
models from your site and try to install them directly, and look what happens.
after that i will probably unpack the ipks, and set the corresponding wallpapers as a background. i will email you the results...

malik
malik
both behave well in portrait mode, the gant wallpaper is duplicated on the right
hand side in landscape mode. the os wallpaper make problems, rotation takes some
seconds and it looks awfull. i dont understand the different behaviours as both images
are 640x640...
malik
it took me several hours to get it working. i think cresho will come with an ipk,
work is in progress, just wait. here are two screenshots of the gant icons on the sl-6000:
Cresho
thanks...i sent you an email.

hope to get those in soon and will have something up and running within 2 hours in zaurusthemes. Im gona port over bams and mines and the oslinux..

its not a problem..just file structure is different.
bam
cool stuff, hey bro im working on two themes(not the iconset) at the moment, umicon and gnome(how original I know), but hey I'm bored, kinda.

here is a new screenshot, titlebar improved...i think.

bolbit
hi all !

I have tried to install the gant icon from cresho on my C1000 but everything went wrong and i had to restore a backup ... :
The first time i tried , there where a missing space on device error, so as proposed, i have uninstalled the gant icon theme just after my try to install it : the result was that i have lost most of the standard icons.. no pb, i have freed space, i have tried, from the console this time, to install the gant icon theme => the installation went ok but my icons were not there. I have rebooted and the reboot process show me the boot image from the gant theme and loop for eternity with a 1second console splash screen who returns periodicaly...

Is the ipk on the zaurutheme is ok for the C1000 ?? (should be cresho had a C1000 !!!), so what is the good way to install these icon ???

PS : sorry for the language, i'm not sure to have been very clear (i'm french)
ceffyl
QUOTE(malik @ Oct 1 2005, 01:23 PM)
it took me several hours to get it working. i think cresho will come with an ipk,
work is in progress, just wait. here are two screenshots of the gant icons on the sl-6000:

How did you get them to work on the Z 6k? I haven't had any luck.

Thanks.

Ceffyl
Cresho
im working on an ipk file for you guys along with wallpapers and stuff.

I just took my finals and am going to work on the ipk tomorrow.
gona use bams bluegant instead of mines since his is more complete in icons
bam
its actually just yours cresho I just added a bunch of stuff over time, so "we" created it. Hey maybe we can include a font set too, I am currently using the Dejavusans fonts, easy on the eyes and very smooth smile.gif
Meanie
I looks very nice smile.gif I wish there was a way to use the title bar image for the taskbar at the bottom as well, now that would rock.
bam
QUOTE(Meanie @ Oct 13 2005, 10:02 PM)
I looks very nice smile.gif I wish there was a way to use the title bar image for the taskbar at the bottom as well, now that would rock.

actually your bmp for the "go" button can be as wide as your space that is not occupied by the onscreen keyboard+applets. So you can "kinda" do something interesting with the space, perhaps your initials, nickname, etc... you get the idea.
ceffyl
QUOTE(Cresho @ Oct 13 2005, 09:46 PM)
im working on an ipk file for you guys along with wallpapers and stuff.

I just took my finals and am going to work on the ipk tomorrow.
gona use bams bluegant instead of mines since his is more complete in icons

Sweet! Thank you! Good luck on your finals.

~Ceffyl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.