Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C3100 Windows Software Translated
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
Meanie
I figured out how to make the installer and the rest of the Sharp Windows applications that come on the CD with the 3100 to display actual japanese instead of the weird unreadable characters on English Windows machines. The trick is to set your default locale to Japanese (and reboot windows) before you install the Sharp software. Now that I can actually read the Japanese menus I was able to use the apps and I hacked some of them so that they show English menus smile.gif
Antikx
QUOTE(Meanie @ Sep 24 2005, 01:25 PM)
I figured out how to make the installer and the rest of the Sharp Windows applications that come on the CD with the 3100 to display actual japanese instead of the weird unreadable characters on English Windows machines. The trick is to set your default locale to Japanese (and reboot windows) before you install the Sharp software. Now that I can actually read the Japanese menus I was able to use the apps and I hacked some of them so that they show English menus smile.gif

Good job. You rock.
Cresho
hey meanie, you try this yet?

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.